Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

has anyone tried this new radeon yet ?

The new temporal filter feature seems interesting.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I missed that one, thanks !

During your tests, did you got the chance to see if the temporal filter improved smoothness in any way ?

I'm thinking on panings specifically which are still a bit jerky with my radeon VE.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
In our A-B tests (there were only two of us for this testing) we were playing 'Driven' (2 copies, on on each HTPC playing using and Extron switcher box). The video quality of this DVD is QUITE high, and there is a LOT of motion. Neither one of us specifically noticed any differences in motion panning. On Monday, we will specifically look for any of those differences, but if there are any, they are going to be VERY subtle for us not to have noticed in the first round.

Oz

·
Registered
430 Posts
duell,

The "temporal filter" is part of the deinterlacing algorithms and to properly test the performance of this feature you will need a video based DVD. You should not be able to see much difference on a properly mastered film based DVD such as Driven.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Duell, when you run these tests, are you using a projector or just a monitor. The projector will also show more flaws in the PQ just because the display is larger. I do this at home to test some DVD's where I do see some flaws. I first watch on HTPC with dlp projector and if there is something I see I switch to my 21"CRT on a different PC. If I still see something then I come to the conclusion that the DVD has artifacts or other digital flaws from the transfer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.