Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

So what is the verdict with this card? Is the 8500 $100

better than the 7500? how are the new drivers working out ?

I am tempted to run down and get one of these today

So come on SPILL !

Cheers Ray

·
Registered
387 Posts
Check out this over at Anandtech:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1558

Looks very promising... I'm buying one.

Have been some problems using it for HTPC's though, something about gamma... not sure exactly. Do a search on the other Radeon 8500 threads.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I was so close to getting a Radeon 8500. Currently, it still doesn't keep up with even a Geforce 3 card for 3D games in general AND currently seems to suffer from display quality issues for DVD. So far, nothing I have read about it sounds too encouraging except for the board specs.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Got one and tested it for short periods of time. My projector does not have a mount as I sold mine. My walls are cream colored and textured so right now I can not tell you how good (or bad) it is. On the wall it looks fine for DVD and games. I will post again when I can get it to project on my screen

·
Registered
151 Posts
well as far as games I have no problems with the 8500 and i also picked up the VisionTek GF3 ti200 last weekend and i can tell you it is not faster.... now I do have some problems with the 8500 and some games... fs2002 has flashing textures, ghost recon locks up... but everything else Runs just GREAT... urban terror, quake 3 and tribes 2 are fabulas and in tribes 2 I can actualy see a speed differance between the 8500 and GF3. now as far as quality I would have to say I can't tell I don't care what the articles are saying when you are moving around you never have time to count the pixels... Now if ATI could just release that cable for hdtv output they promised (again)....

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi All:

___The 8500 has a problem with grayscale from Cliff’s previous posts off the scope. If you purchase this card blindly, you may be throwing away what chance you had for the best display vs. any of the much cheaper but much slower in terms of gaming Radeon based cards.

___Lastly, the Ti200 is not the card of choice in the high end gaming arena. The Ti500 in comparison is vs the 8500 with the std. Radeon/driver incompatibilities …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.