AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else ever had this or a similar problem?

i was originally having an irq conflict and cleared that up which helped immensely with dxva enabled during dvd playback but the problem still exists when i use sageTV and after many hours i had to resort to putting my radeon 7000 back in the pc as i just couldn't stop it from happening.

anyone got any ideas, i'm using onboard audio (spdif out) don't know if throwing a pci sound card in there may make the necessary difference?

it will be for sale if i can't resolve this if anyone is interested. the card works perfectly other than in sage.

thanks, nick.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Try through powerstrip (right click options adapter info) to see if DMA is enabled for your AGP card(in my case I had to disable 2nd serial lan printer in order to free enough irqs to make DMA possible), check the latency of your Radeon (by default MAX usually >198) which means that it grabs most of the bandwidth for it's use not leaving enough time for your audio. Try a 128!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now those are good ideas!

one question though, my stutter only occurs with sage live tv and playback. all my dvd programs (power, win and nv) work fine in their standalone config with dxva enabled.

do you think changing those values would help sage or would the latency problem exist in all applications?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.