Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set-up:

Radeon 9600 (with DVI-I and VGA connections Connected to:

Samsung DLP RPTV via VGA Out

17" Daewoo Monitor via DVI-I/DVI to VGA Adapter

Powerstrip is NOT in use

Cat 3.7

OK, here's what is happening:

1. I cannot get a selection of 1024 X 768 for the Daewoo monitor. The selections provided by a single right click on the ATI icon apply to the Samsung DLP (i.e., 800 X 600 or 1280 X 720) regardless of what mode selection is made in the "Displays" Tab.

2. Under the Windows "settings" Tab I can select each monitor and it gives me the correct options for each monitor. I can set them differently, however when the monitor resets, it stays in 800 X 600 mode.

What is going on? All the ATI docs say that I can have the monitors set at different resolutions, however, I cannot seem to get this to work. If I try to deselect one monitor under the "displays" tab, it runs one red and grays out the other.

I have tried swithing the connections (Monitor on VGA, Samsung DLP on DVI-I thru DVI/VGA adapter). This resulted in the same problems, but reversed and selecting 1280 X 720 put the samsung in a virtual desktop mode. Now, selecting 1280 X 720 makes the Sammy look great and puts the monitor in virtual desktop mode.

I'm going out of my mind trying to figure this out.

Previously (before getting the DVI-I to VGA adapter) I used a very cheap VGA switchbox and the predefined 1280 X 720 powerstrip resolution for the sammy. I would throw the VGA switch to the sammy, click the ATI icon and select the 1280 X 720 resolution. Worked great. BUT, I though it would be sleeker to get rid of the switch box and do all my switching form the ATI system Tray applet.

Could the DVI-I adapter be causing all this trouble?

thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it seems to have fixed itself. Somehow (and I'm still not sure how), my options under displays when for the primary/clone mode type seting to buttons saying 1 and 2. I can now switch between them with the hot key (Alt F5) and the correct resoltions are applied. The only real problem is that the desktop doesn't size when the switch occurs and I have to do that manually. Its better than the old switchbox, so I'm happy for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.