AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Radeon 9700 Pro that I use the S-Video output with to dsipaly my computer on my TV. I have a Philips 30PW850H. Currently, I use the Radeon Control Panel to enable the TV (not windows display box as a second monitor) and set it to clone my desktop which is at 1280x1024. When it is set to clone the desktop, the tv acutally has a resolution of 1024x768 and pans the screen by following the mouse. I also have it set in the ATI control panel that on the overlay tab -> clone options, to have the tv display video full screen, keep original aspect ratio, and that i have a 16:9 tv.

There are two problems with this. I should state that this worked perfectly on my old 19" philips tv (the only difference is that i had it set to 4:3 tv). The first problem is that when set to 16:9, it seems to do the same thing as in 4:3 by letterboxing widescreen content. I understand that if the movie is 2.35 to one it is supposed to have black bars, but this adds just as much as it did in the 4:3 mode so that when i set my tv to "widescreen" mode where it fills the screen, 2.35 movies are squashed vertically to much.

My second problem is that when using either s-video or composite out, my hdtv flickers like twice a second. It doesn't do it while it is booting or if i am in my bios, but as soon as it loads into windows and goes to the 1024x768 resolution, the screen kinda just flicks like once or twice a second. Any thoughts or solutions to these problems?

Thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.