AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about hooking up my radean 9800 to my hdtv.

I have a 55 mitsubishi widescreen that I have used before with an RGBHV adapter on the end of a 30 foot VGA cable (shielded) and powerstrip. I recently replaced my PC with a newer one, and it came with a radeon 9800 (not the pro). There is a VGA output (primary for monitor) and a DVI output (secondary for my HDTV). It looks like ATI sells a DVI to ypbpr adapter, which would work for me were it not that my TV is a long ways away, and the best route is through the VGA cable (which runs through the wall)

Here are my 2 thoughts:

1. Get a DVI to VGA adapter and try using the RGBHV connecters. Will the ATI card recognize this, or am I forced to get powerstrip? I'd prefer the next option if it would work, since it seems more "ATI supported"

2. Get a DVI to VGA adapter, run it on the VGA long cable, convert back to DVI near the TV, and add the ATI DVI to YPBPR adapter. I don't know much about the VGA to DVI adapters, but do they "lose" some signal where this might not work??? Where would I get decent adapters?

Also, any feedback on using the ATI adapter on an HDTV in general? DVD playback thoughts?

:confused:

-Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.