AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ,let's say ,I'm a real newbie but I have to know before I throw the money for the wrong piece of equipment.

I'm planning to buy a Sony 32Kv-32FX65 16x9 TV that will be fed from my HTPC (Radeon 64DDR)

Now the question is : does the Radeon output (S-video and component) pure 16x9 aspect ration image(when I set the proper resolution with PowerStrip and playing DVD's...960x540p) so the TV will automagically recognize it properly ? I am wondering about this because I have now a 4:3 TV that has 16:9 mode, and when I switch to that feature nothing happens to the HTPC image (it's just more squeezed).

Any help appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone,

Come one guys. I really need to know. Even oif its a dummy question, but the TV that I want to purchase is not from far away cheap so I NEED TO KNOW if I will have real 16x9 aspect ratio using HTPC with RADEON.

Any help apreciated:)

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
I can't give a 100% solid answer but I use my

Radeon in 1920x1080 mode to a 16x9 monitor and it

works just fine.

As far as I know you should be able to use

"powerstrip" software to set any number of

other custom 16x9 resolutions.

I don't know if there are any issues with using

the SVideo or Composite outputs.

So the answer is - with VGA connections - sure no problem.

With Composite/Svideo - maybe...

I would recommend you get something with VGA(RGB)

inputs rather than Composite/SVideo so you can run

higher resolutions with progressive scanning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Sony KV-32fx65 has 3 SCART inputs and one of them is RGB (so it says in the technical file). This can be used with the VGA output of the RADEON ???

If it is so....what equipment should I use to convert the VGA signal to the SCART(RGB) input ?

Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
This questions has been asked so many times in the past and is extrimelly well covered with forum. This is probably the resaons you are not getting as many replies as you would like.

Use the search function and look for 'DEFINITIVE GUIDE CUSTOM RESOLUTION' and you'll get more answers that you probably wanted in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.