AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a Radeon VE in my machine which had a G400 before, and when I enable the hardware decode in Cineplayer 4.0, it'll sometimes jitter/flicker on certain discs. The first one I tried was Austin Powers 1, and it'll stop flickering after about 1-2 min. Anyone have any suggestions? A search turned up nothing. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did more searching, and found out that there was a "fix" for it by changing this reg key:

HKLM\\software\\Raviscent\\Cinemaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder\\DXVAConfig\\bConfigSpecificIDCT=1

The problem is that it seems to kick it out of the IDCT mode on my machine, and the picture quality drops visably. It's sad that they can't seem to get the IDCT to work properly in such common discs. Anyway, I'll get used to the flicker for 1-2 min, since it'll look good the rest of the way though, unless someone finds a fix for it that doesn't decrease the picture quality. Thanks.

BTW, would the new ATI DVD player possibly work better? I haven't tried it, since I don't wanna load more DVD soft on my machine while it's working "okay" for now. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.