AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I have a gigabyte board that has an integrated Radeon HD 3200 with HDMI out. I have the HDMI hooked up to my Pioneer Plasma 6020FD. The video and audio work AWESOME for a random amount of time and then my tv blacks out! Sometimes I can unhook the HDMI cable and plug it back in and it will come back, but not always. I have tried cheap HDMI cables, expensive HDMI cables, different programs on my computer, updating the Radeon drivers, updating the firmware for the Pioneer, and talking to both Gigabyte and Pioneer and they have been no help.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Try searching the forum for DVI Detective, It might solve your issue.

BB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked on Gefen's site and it looks like they have HDMI detectives. Since my connection does not involve DVI, I would assume I would want an HDMI detective. Has anyone had luck with one of these? I see most threads are about the DVI dectives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave in and up and purchased an Nvidia Geforce GTS 250, simply because it was the only one in the city that had true HDMI out. And I only had 10 days left before I could return the HDMI cable for a refund if needed. It was $180, which makes me sad since I can get it a lot cheaper online, but all I care is that it works! Apparently the ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated video was not powerful enough to sustain itself with this Pioneer TV. There have been a couple hiccups while I have been playing music for the last 7 hours, but I still have an image! And I have even shut off the TV, come back later, turned it on, and the HTPC was still showing on the TV! I have my fingers crossed that it will stay consistent! It just hiccuped again, where the sound cut out for 3 seconds and the image froze for about 1 second, but went back to playing music.

One major issue I had, that took me 3 hours to resolve today was trying to get the sound to work through HDMI. After trying EVERYTHING and searching Google, I thought... hmm... maybe there are updated audio drivers for the board that didn't come with the updated motherboard drivers... SURE ENOUGH with a simple 8 minute download and install I had sound!

To say the least, I did a little happy dance when I had video AND sound! Overall, it cost about $250 for the fix (I am keeping the $70 HDMI cable) and 4 months of battling this issue. Now that it is working, I am not risking changing a thing!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

Quote:
Now that it is working, I am not risking changing a thing!

And, you have made an image of your system, right?

BB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, only crazy people back things up ;-) At this point, if it crashes, I will just throw it in one of my centers at school and let my Kindergartners practice their dismantling skills! ;-)

That is an excellent idea though. After all this hassle, it would be VERY smart to make an image!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.