AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen mention of flashing the bios of a Radeon LE to make it function (more or less) as a standard Radeon 32MB DDR board. This allows the use of the same ATI Windows drivers that are used by the "Built by ATI" boards. I've search the forum but I can't find any posting on where to download the bios software for the Radeon 32 MB DDR. Can someone provide the link.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
The Radeon LE was manufactured by ATi and can use their drivers with no trouble. The flash of it turns back on some 3d functions that were disabled to make it seem more low-end. What you have afterwards is a Radeon DDR with no fan and a lower clock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hyper Z, their pseudo tile based rendering, for example, is enabled. While I know that most of this can be enabled by changes in the registry, I also seem to have lost the files for flashing the BIOS. Any source for the files?

- Phil Klein

·
Registered
493 Posts
No prob. Let us know here how the upgrade goes. Thanks and good luck.

..Mike

·
Registered
656 Posts
What chipset does the LE have on it? Is it like the 7000?

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Mark Knight:

___The “LE†uses the same chipset as the VIVO’s, PCI’s, retails, 7000’s, 7200’s, and 7500’s. The “VE’s†and 7000’s have the lower frequency DAC’s so the “Retails, “LE’sâ€, 7200’s, and 7500’s come highly recommended. The difference between the last 4 is core and memory clocks as well as types of memory used and output filtering.

___As far as the flash is concerned; it will not help the display quality one bit. With Powerstrip giving us all of the lost 3D features as well as core and memory clocks if you want, there is no reason to flash an “LE†or OEM anything nowadays. Even the ATI retail drivers can be fixed to install on an OEM card with Ashley’s (coder of PowerStrip) little inf trick from the retail drivers themselves if you are having trouble in this regard. I have read that the retail 8500’s memory latencies are more stable than the OEM’s but the voltage applied to the retails are higher for a more stable high frequency clock setup as well.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too would like to know what the .inf trick is. Currently the latest driver I have been able to install is 5.13.01.3276. I tried flashing my bios but was unsuccesful. Is anyone else able to use a driver version newer than what I am?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.