Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can the overlay diplay setting(brightness, contrast, gamma, etc) be set fixed, so that I dont have to reset it everytime I watch a movie ? I am using catalyst3.0, Radeon 8500. I think I,ve seen this issue in this forum.

Thanks.

Ken

·
Registered
814 Posts
Usually within the app you can set that stuff, sometimes you can not though. ie Zoom Player (with whatever filters) will allow you to do so, and I believe WinDVD will as well (the only players I have)

-pd

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Set the overlay properly through the DVD player then, with the movie playing in a wndow, open the Display properties for the desktop, select advanced, Overlay. Move one of the sliders slightly, then return it to it's original position. Save, exit.

Vern

·
Registered
179 Posts
Slight variation on Vern's method -

This is how I the catalyst ati gamma settings to stick - for powerdvd anyway:

1) turn off hardware video acceleration in Powerdvd.

2) start a dvd playing (to enable the ati overlay settings).

3) set the ati overlay gamma (in advanced display properties) *one notch higher* than you would like it to be - then apply and exit display properties.

4) stop the dvd and re-enable hardware video acceleration in Powerdvd.

Hopefully the gamma will have dropped one notch and will now stick to it's new setting.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uncledeathmonkey
3) set the ati overlay gamma (in advanced display properties) *one notch higher* than you would like it to be - then apply and exit display properties.

Hopefully the gamma will have dropped one notch and will now stick to it's new setting.
Yeah I do that trick too since the cows came home a couple of decades ago.

You would think that someone at ATI would test their drivers....

·
Registered
803 Posts
Catalyst releases normally stick if you don't use ffdshow, i can't have them blocked with ffdshow. Very annoying.

bye

·
Registered
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dubmaster
Catalyst releases normally stick if you don't use ffdshow, i can't have them blocked with ffdshow. Very annoying.
Ah yes - annoying indeed... I'm not even using ffdshow and I still have to resort to silly os gymnastics to get the gamma settings to stay... *bah*

Of course the Radeon VE card in my HTPC probably isn't even compatible with the catalyst releases... (I shouldn't have updated - you simply trade one issue for another)

"break out ghost - we're rollin' her back again" ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.