AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first installed the Radeon card(had a matrox g400)I had all the resolution selections but since adding 540p for my HDTV I can'nt get back to 1920x1080. I've configured for the sony w900 monitor but the highest resolution Powerstrip or settings will give me is 1024x768. What am I doing wrong? If this Radeon doesn't show some improvement it's going back and the matrox is going back into my machine I'm not seeing an improvement in picture only the pvr functions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did create a custom monitor file with one difference 34hz and 60hz with no positive results I'll try again tonight with those slightly higher freqs. Thanks for your reply. Do you know if there is an easy registry tweak to add those resolutions back again?

·
Registered
229 Posts
The easiest way I know is to use Powerstrip.

I found the Predefined "HTDV Standard" settings for 540p and 1080i worked great for me once I had the proper monitor definition.

Then I just created additional resolutions based on those timings.

I'm running pstrip build 126 if that helps.

Also, remember that some of the Radeon driver revisions don't support all the resolutions.

So far all the revisions I've tried have worked for 540p and 1080i; 960i has only worked on some revisions.

------------------

André Dalle

"My other set is a Faroudja."

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently went from a G400 to a Radeon and still find the interaction between the Radeon driver, monitor definition, and Powerstrip3 beta sometimes baffling. If you try uninstalling & reinstalling Powerstrip3 without touching your current existing Radeon driver and monitor definition, there's a decent chance Powerstrip3 will then behave as you want.

At least that's my observation running the build 7093 Windows 98 / ME Radeon driver and build 3012 Windows 2000 Radeon driver.

------------------

Brian Ness

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Quote:
find the interaction between the Radeon driver, monitor definition, and Powerstrip3 beta sometimes baffling
I agree. Drives me crazy at times.

------------------

Greg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks,

I uninstalled PS and when I reinstalled it asked if I wanted to restore my adapter defaults and when I did I got my resolutions back. I still can'nt get the timings right for 1920x1080 but at least I can make changes thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.