AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radeon 64M DDR AGP video card on a Win98SE system. My picture appears a little soft to me. There are a number of settings for this card and I was wondering if anyone has documented the optimum settings for HTPC use. I have played with many of the settings, however I don't know the function of most of them. My video capture card is an I/O magic being fed by a Dish Network Dish Player. Any information would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
More data please...

What is your display device?

What is the screen size?

What is your output resolution?

What is your source material?

Does it do the same thing across all sources?

What version of the ATI driver are you using?

What are your powerstrip settings?

What are your current display property settings?

What do you mean by 'soft'? Be specific.

What version of dScaler are you using?

What dScaler filters do you have enabled/disabled?

etc... etc... we can't help you unless you paint a complete picture.

-Ted

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here you go!

What is your display device? Philips 55PP9701

What is the screen size? 55" 16X9

What is your output resolution? Various (800X600P set is capable of SVGA, 960i, 540P)

What is your source material? Dish Network Dishplayer Unit

Does it do the same thing across all sources? Have not tried the VCR yet, I used a Toshiba SD-6200 Progressive for DVD

bypassing the HTPC currently.

What version of the ATI driver are you using? 7199

What are your powerstrip settings? Are you looking for setting beyond the resolutions?

What are your current display property settings? Tried both PC-VGA & SVGA, HD-Video

What do you mean by 'soft'? Be specific. Edges and colors are less defined than the direct s-video connection to the display using it's internal line doubler.

What version of dScaler are you using? I believe it was 2.38, it was the current latest and greatest officially released until yesterdays 3.10.

What dScaler filters do you have enabled/disabled? I have all three checked, however I believe the last one in the list had an "N" behind it. I do not know if this indicates it is enabled or not.

The PC consist of 1.4G TB CPU, ECS K7S5A MOBO, 512 M 2100 DDR RAM

Used only for HTPC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.