AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crashing my PowerDVD XP left and right until I read somewhere here that Hydravision was possibly the cultprit. So I "unload" it from memory and then uninstalled it using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel (Win98SE) and it solved my instability problems--well most of it as it's still ATI drivers you know :) This may help some of you. You can still "hot key" to switch the dual heads feature. Thus, Hydravision is not critical in HT usage. It may apply to multiple monitor applications (spreadsheet on one monitor and web surfing on the other).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
How did you unload it from memory? I checked what was running by doing the ctrl alt del and I couldn't tell which one was hydravision. I only saw one that resembled ati. I checked the add/remove just to see and when I click remove/change it just wants to remove it all.

I am having problems with switching from primary on one monitor to primary on the projector or just going from one monitor to two. I've tried hot keys and doing it manually. They second screen always has a messed up picture or it is all pink tinted. To fix it I have to pick how I want it (dual monitor or single) and then reboot and then it is fine. Overlay works fine like that too. So any help would be appreciated. :)

I'm using the latest drivers from ATI's site with XP.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try right clicking on the Hydravision icon in the lower R hand corner of your screen. It looks like a purple upside down triangle and says Desktop Manager when you put your mouse over it. You can then unload it from memory and then uninstall Hydravision totally. It won't mess up your dual monitor switching at all. It's only for using multiple applications in different monitor (web on one and word processing on the other, etc.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.