AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently build HTPC around Shuttle ST20G5. It has onboard RADEON XPRESS 200 video with DVI and VGA output. Both work great with LCD. To connect it to Panasonic EDTV plasma I tried first VGA port and set 852x480 resolution that also works fine. However, I can not get it running through DVI. After reboot I do see first few screens but as soon as Win XP switch to the high res mode the picture is gone and computer does reboot again. BTW, the DVI input of my TV work fine with separate DVD player. I realise that I miss something basic and I tried to get the answer looking through the old posts but it is still not clear for me how to make it working. Here are some questions:

1) Using DVI connection should I even try to use smth like 852x480 resolution or I have to set my PC for one of the "standard" TV resolutions: 720x480i/p or 1920x1080i since those would be the only few resolutions my TV can accept through DVI?

2) I have not updated video driver (use the one I got on Shuttle CD). Does it necessary to update it to the latest?

3) What else (I guess smth very basic) do I miss? Any advice on what resolution (and other settings) I should try to use?

Thanks a lot!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.