Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with problems try this.

Boot with the VGA (Computer1-Analog) connected to the DVI output of Radeon thru the DVI-VGA adapter.

Shutdown the PC

Replace the m1-da cable with LP340DVI to Radeon DVI cable.

And the LP340 will display the most perfect picture you could on a wall. Everytime.

No tweaking required.

[This message has been edited by amoyan (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
578 Posts
When you say shutdown, what do you mean? Shut down the projector or the PC? Also, do you have to do this everytime you bootup? I'll trade tweaks for having to do this everytime I boot up. So are there any tweaks?

[This message has been edited by niggenz (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shutdown (so that you hv time to change to the dvi-dvi cable)the pc. This is the step to take after installing the card for the first time. The dvi-dvi cable stays permanent after this. (so, no cable switching acrobatics while booting up the pc etc)

Subsequent power-ups with the dvi-dvi connection is you're normal power up. Turn on the projector, boot up the pc. Just think of the LP340 as your monitor, no special steps needed to use it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
All this sound way too simple. I don't know, maybe you are lucky and I am stupid. Who knows, but I can't get the damn thing to work. Here are my symptoms:

1. During system POST, with the DVI cable connected, there is no signal. When Windows 98 SE boots up, there is no video with the DVI cable.

2. Only way to get video is via the analog cable, s-video, or composite.

Let me ask you step by step what you did with detail. Fill me in where I am missing something.

Windows 98 SE

Radeon VE 7075 drivers

Pentium III 550 w/196 MB RAM

Asus P3B-F Motherboard.

Toshiba 6x DVD-Rom

SoundBlaster Live

1. Install the Radeon VE with the the 7075 drivers.

2. Upon initial bootup, connect the LP340 to the Radeon via the DVI convertor/connector.

3. Bootup.

A. At this point, do you turn on the projector?

B. Do you have a regular CRT monitor hooked up to the

VGA output as well?

4. Shutdown PC.

A. Shut down projector as well? If it is on? Right?

5. Disconnect the analog cable, reconnect the with the digital cable.

6. Power system on.

7. Radeon VE should recognize LP340.

8. No need for tweaks, everyone lives happily ever after.

Is this correct? Also, what bios version of the Radeon VE do you have? Mine is 0.012.

Thanks in advance.

1. [/list=a]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replys in <>.
All this sound way too simple. I don't know, maybe you are lucky and I am stupid. Who knows, but I can't get the damn thing to work. Here are my symptoms:

1. During system POST, with the DVI cable connected, there is no signal. When Windows 98 SE boots up, there is no video with the DVI cable. < I'd say, maybe there's somein' with you're projector. You SHOULD see the bootup screen(the 640x480 stuff) with just the DVI connected. What happens when Windows is FULLY booted up, it decides that there's no monitor connected, and shuts down the DVI port. So whatever it is, you should see the booting up all the way until your desktop shows up and DVI will shut down.>

2. Only way to get video is via the analog cable, s-video, or composite. <see above>

Let me ask you step by step what you did with detail. Fill me in where I am missing something.

Windows 98 SE

Radeon VE 7075 drivers

Pentium III 550 w/196 MB RAM

Asus P3B-F Motherboard.

Toshiba 6x DVD-Rom

SoundBlaster Live

1. Install the Radeon VE with the the 7075 drivers.

2. Upon initial bootup, connect the LP340 to the Radeon <DVI> via the DVI convertor/connector.

3. Bootup.

A. At this point, do you turn on the projector? <projector always on>

B. Do you have a regular CRT monitor hooked up to the

VGA output as well <yes, cos with all this stuff that I was reading here, I was worried, which turn out to be unfounded>?

4. Shutdown PC.

A. Shut down projector as well? <Keep it ON.>

5. Disconnect the analog cable, reconnect the with the digital cable.

6. Power system on.

7. Radeon VE should recognize LP340.

8. No need for tweaks, everyone lives happily ever after.

1. [/list=a]

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't see anything at all with the LP340 connected via the DVI cable. This is the case during the POST and thereafterwards. I used to have a Radeon AWI and I was able to get video during the POST and with a little swap trick, I could get video in Windows. So I doubt that it is my projector. I think it has more to do with the Radeon VE itself. Did you ever find out what bios revision is on your card? You can look in the device manager for this info.

·
Registered
578 Posts
&lt;BUMP&gt;

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.