AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday my Sync Sirius radio gave me a message that I was not subscribed (my due date is in September). I went to the web page and found the instructions to do a refresh. After the refresh I got many channels back but lost all but one of the "200" channels (208 PGA). I previously had access to all the sports on 211 & above. I checked the SXM website and saw that many channels that I used to get are now "online only". When did this happen. I just got off a chat session but did not get my question answered.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My radio just did an update and now 208 is gone too.

Checking the SXM website it appears that the "Premier" package is no longer available, it's now "All Access" with internet streaming. I never had the SXM internet streaming service.

So all this time I was getting the Premier channels on a Select subscription. They get you used to getting (nearly) every pro sports game and just when MLB opening day is around the corner they pull the rug out from under you. Not a good way to get your customers to upgrade.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You guys may be experiencing what I experienced a while back: Their computer trips up and moves you from "Premier" (because it's no loner technically available or some such nonsense) to "All Access" or "select" or something slightly less.

I had to have a chat with a CSR from time to time about this regarding a few of my subscriptions. On the ones it tripped up on the radios now show:
ABC123 - Mini Tuner
- All Access Radio
(Premier upgrade)

Or something close to that. Also, it seemed to me to be tripped up by me renaming the names for the radios. Like renaming them meant it had to re-save them into the database and it could no longer pick the appropriate package because it wasn't one that was currently offered so it degraded it to a secondary package.

I've renamed my radios since (this all happened a year or two back) and haven't experienced the issue again (with other radios that still show "Premier").

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only satellite radio I own is the one that is a part of the SYNC System in my car. I was getting the Premier channels since day one (March 2013) even though they sold me Select.

I did not rename anything, I just shut off the radio for a few minutes (I usually leave it on all the time so it comes back on automatically when I start the car).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts