AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading on here before that you guys were suggesting a certain remote Radio Shack puts out that will work great with the RCA Ultimate TV receiver.CAn you tell me one more time what model it is ? My remote has died after 4 months and I have tried all remedies. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt , Im about ready to bounce it off the wall and end the frustration.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The RS model 15-1994 is the classic most use. It is officially no longer available, but some stores still have it. It has been replaced with a newer model that is, at this point, mostly unknown.

The 15-1994 does both learning and macros. Also supports X10 commands via IR signal.

Ed

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
And if you spend $5 to build a cable, the 15-1994 is completely programmable via your PC as well :)

I built this cable, downloaded the software, and have added complete Tivo codes to mine, as well as some other cool stuff. \\

Since learning a non-supported device into the 15-1994 can easily exceed the 28 slots in memory, the ability to reprogram the remote with a built-in Tivo code is great. There's probably even a UTV code set by now that can be added to the remote.

This feature works on most of the One-For-All based remotes, including the 15-1994.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.