AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I be worried about a raid card's (3ware 9650se) temperature? In my case, it's next to a passively cooled video card (I moved them as fat apart as possible), but I still think the raid card is rather warm. The video card's temp is ~70C. I haven't gotten any "alarms" from 3ware's application, but would this negatively impact the card? Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
What are your case temps like? I think you should be ok but here are the operating specs for that card:

Operating Temperature Without BBU: 0°C to 50°C

With BBU: 10°C to 40°C

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg /forum/post/15532121

What are your case temps like? I think you should be ok but here are the operating specs for that card:

Operating Temperature Without BBU: 0°C to 50°C

With BBU: 10°C to 40°C

I just ordered a BBU for my 9650SE. The manual says when the battery is charging the unit will get hot. I'll be sure to measure the temps when I get my BBU installed later this week. I did order a nice PCI slot cooler from Newegg, and it is quite impressive; powerful and quite. Do you have an empty slot next to your Video card where you can install one of these slot coolers?

·
Registered
492 Posts
If it gets that hot charging the battery, your battery will NOT last that long. I'd opt for more cooling. You could try a large, low rpm fan and place it in the proximity of the video card, possibly the space inbetween the two cards.

Btw, i hope you're doing RAID 5 with that card, 'cause anything else is a waste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts