Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my Media Server working.

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get my media server working - with no success. The system just hangs on any I/O action with any of the drives.

I'm using an old Athlon 750mhz box, with Win Server 2003, and a new 3Ware 7506-8, and 5 250gb drives.

I've reinstalled the server 4 or 5 times. Reformatted drives. Taken the 3ware card out and reinstalled. Etc, etc.

Any suggestions? I'm about to give up.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I had a problem about a month ago with writing large files to certain drives in my raid array. It would lock the system solid.

The drives worked fine in other machines, and other drives on the same connection to the raid card worked fine. Both me and the tech support from Promise got ourselves well and truely confused, no system conflicts, no resource conflicts everything checked out...

Then I did the screamingly obvious of putting the raid card in a different slot, problem went away.

- Rick

·
Registered
714 Posts
Have you considered the power supply may be under powered? I'd suggest trying it with just a couple of drives on the 3ware card. If that works, try a higher power, power supply and see if that solves your issue.

DanW

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a 550W psu. So I don't think that's it.

But, I will try putting the 3ware card into a different pci slot. The manual said to put it into the slot closest to the agp slot. But that's the one that I had it in. So I'll try anything.

Saga continues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.