AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of Items I just saw about the long awaited Indiana Jones movies..

1.SPY REPORT: Indy DVD Update

Tue, Apr 22, 03 10:06:06 PM EDT

Our insider Teabags spreads some Indiana Jones DVD goodness to the fans in tonight's SPY REPORT. Production on the DVD is pressing ahead as we speak, here's an update to what we know:

From what I’ve gathered from other internet news sources, Lucasfilm is doing a major overhaul to the original films in terms of image quality. But what I know hasn’t been seen on the net yet. Basically what you need to know is that the movies will be interactive – it wont be mandatory during film viewing, but you will have the option of learning more about the people and places depicted in various scenes. For instance, when Indy is in Cairo, you can stop to learn more about Northern Africa during the 1930s.

And I’ve also read rumors on other news sites that the DVDs wont be released as a trilogy, but one at a time over the next three years, with Raiders set to be released by Christmas 2003. I know the only "information stops" that have been worked on so far are related solely to places Indy went in Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I would presume that this release schedule is correct.

I'll get more, so stay tuned.

Great stuff - sounds like a fantastic DVD!

2.Indiana Jones Trilogy 'Special Edition' on DVD

Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - Gilles V

TheForce.net posted some very interesting information on the anticipated Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD set that will be released later this year. Some of their inside sources began spilling details on the DVDs. Here's their report:

Industrial Light and Magic are working on the Indy DVD Trilogy right now. Hard to believe, isn't it? Hopefully, it will be worth the wait. Here's what I do know - apparently ILM is having to conduct a major restoration of the original print. There's quite a bit of digital film cleanup they're conducting as well.

No, there's not new scenes added (and the guy with the sword doesn't shoot first, thank goodness), but they are removing certain errors and weak elements from the picture. Expect wiring, equipment and reflections to be removed digitally - anything that distracted or looked weak in the final release may be evaluated again. Basically they've come up with a list of what gets fixed. When you see the DVD, hopefully the only thing you'll see is a beautiful movie with great sound, not lots of little annoyances that Steve and George want out.

In the mean time I wish I could get a copy of Raiders In HD DVHS to tide me over till then....Help me out people

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
Wed, Apr 23, 03

George Lucas issues new announcement: "Ha ha, suckers! Fooled you! DVD sucks! No Indy for you!"

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Would have hoped that they would put all the extras on a seperate disc and make the pq and sq their primary concern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.