AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the Pacific Northwest and it's raining moderately. My 101 satellite signal went from 80's to high 30's and won't display a picture. The 119 signal went from 70's to low 40's and I can still watch HDNET and HBO-HD. I guess the cutoff is around 40. I never realized rain could degrade the signal THAT much.

I shouldn't complain about my TV watching today since I looked out my window and saw that my rockwall had collapsed due to the 2" of rain last night.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
To minimize rain fade, the only thing that helps is getting a larger dish and tweaking the signal (which I assume you already did).

Steve

·
Registered
957 Posts
Your signal should not be that much lower. But then again it has been pouring. Seattle, Rain? who would have thought? Tonight with heavy clouds my signal is still in the mid to high 80s tonight for 101 and in the mid 70s for 119. Normally when we have rain the signal drops 10-12 points. Downpours and the signal may drop out but only for a few minutes. You may have a cable problem brought on by the heavy moisture.

Rick

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bingo Wezar,

I just got home and the 119 signal showed low 40's. The 101 signal jumped between low 30's and zero. I went outside and saw that my one top screw holding the dish bracket had sheared off and another had it's screw head squish down and pop through the hole. The top of the bracket was pulled 1/2 inch away from the wall! I guess the dish installer didn't use big enough screws.

Wait, that was me. Now I remember that when I installed the dish I was going to get bigger screws but was quickly distracted by the new HDNET and HBO-HD that was on my TV!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.