AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

Does anyone know if I will be able to control a Master valve along with the watering zones with the Rain8, either on my own or through CQC/MainLobby?

From what I've read so far, it shoudl be as simple as turning on two zones at the same time since the master valve is just another valve that i have to turn on and keep on while i cycle through the zones.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I have no grass to water, so I've never used one myself, but it shouldn't be an issue AFAIK. You can control the outputs of the device separately, so you can control whatever is connected to them as required I would think.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdias /forum/post/14214331

Hi -

Does anyone know if I will be able to control a Master valve along with the watering zones with the Rain8, either on my own or through CQC/MainLobby?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, I have the RS232 Rain8 with MainLobby and I can control a Master valve and watering zones.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome - thanks for the feedback!

now, if only i was ready to actually do the Rain8 and my home automation... i had to buy another irrigation controller until i am set up for HA

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Hi Chris,

You might also be glad to know that Cinemar will be releasing to production a major update to our Rain8Net Irrigation support that allows the end user to configure your watering schedule directly from your touchscreen...and the end user doesn't need to know what a "master valve" is, because that is taken care of programmatically by the MainLobby software. It just works

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
chrisdias,

As smoothtlk mentioned, in our system, the master valve is automatically triggered on/off with any other zone.

You'll even know what time the program is expected to complete.

Here's a sneak peak at some screenshots from the latest beta that will go to release hopefully this week:

VIEW RUNNING ZONES

SET WATERING START TIMES

SET ZONE RUN TIMES

SET DAYS TO WATER

ENABLE / DISABLE PROGRAMS

MANUAL SINGLE ZONE

MANUAL PROGRAM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts