AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I read about rainbows it has to do with the X1. I dont think i've read a thread that talks about rainbows on a DLP besides the X1.

Im looking into purchasing a DLP PJ and am looking for something that produces few rainbows. Is there a way to search for 3X color wheel PJs?

Does BenQ suffer from rainbows as much as the X1? Im looking at the BenQ PB6100 SVGA 1500 Lumens, 2000 Contrast. for under $900

Thanks for your advice.

Ap0

Miami, FL

·
Registered
269 Posts
The only other PJ I ahve compared my X1 to is the NEC lt240 (not k). I almost never see rainbows with my x1 anymore, ever since I went to VGA. I would say that via svideo the x1 and the NEC were just about the same.

The Sharp pg m20x (or something like that) has high lumens and a 3x color wheel.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Have you seen a DLP rainbow? Many people can't see rainbows or aren't bothered by them. I wouldn't write-off the X1 (or any other projector with lowspeed colorwheels) without having actually demoed them.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
If you want to talk about rainbows run a search for the "ultimate rainbow thread" and do so there.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.