AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised no one has mentioned this. I'm sure some of you have the demo disc because the Incredible Hulk Demo is being discussed. I very much enjoyed the first two Rainbow Six titles on Xbox and thought they were good looking games, but the multiplayer demo for R6 Lockdown on the new OXM disc has me very concerned. It screams "made for PS2!" all over it and looks like garbage to me. The last two were made for Xbox first (not counting the different PC version) and then ported to Gamecube and PS2 but this one just seems like a multiplatform title to me (made for the lowest common denominator.) The controls don't seem optimized for Xbox, the textures are low res and murkey, and it seems like a big step back from even the first title from two (or three) years ago. Sure it's just a demo, but they delayed it from July to polish it up and it just seems very disappointing. The only ray of hope is that the multiplayer portion of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was graphically dumbed down and didn't hold a candle to the single player game, but that game is built around single player and this game is built around multiplayer. Opinions?

P.S. I wanted to call this thead Rainbow Six Lockdown Demo Sucks! but that would not proper coming from a former English major. It does convey my feelings, though.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
You noticed it too huh...

I hope this is not a signal to what the next gen version will playlike, because it looks like lockdown got rushed!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I know I was just messin' ;) In fact I have a complete hatred of spelling nazis online.

But back to the game, I'll only play this game on PC. It's hard to imagine the level of customization & flebility being ported to a console.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Am I the only one that gave up on Ubi for not delivering, in programming and product-on-shelf? Seems like the French farted in their own general direction (most deadly of farts, too). :)

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothru22
It's dark and the s is right next to the d.
There's light coming from the screen. Use the white version of the forum so it will be brighter.

:D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
What part of "Rainbow Six Lockdown Demo Sucks!" fails to convey proper English? There is a noun, verb and punctuation. Everything seems to be in order. I vote you change the title to more appropriately reflect your opinion.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm hearing that you can take a lot of damage (aka Halo) in Lockdown. If that's the case I won't be picking this one up. I loved R63.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Maybe they were playing kiddy level.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't know, I read it on IGN.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
f*ck!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Quote:
we saw that players could sustain much more damage than ever before. At one point we watched a local San Franciscan Ubisoft employee sneak up behind a Ubi Montreal player and literally unload an entire SMG clip into his back. The armored opponent turned and fired into the local's face, killing him instantly. The same Montreal employee even killed the SF player again after he respawned.
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/635/635259p1.html

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocHunter
You noticed it too huh...

I hope this is not a signal to what the next gen version will playlike, because it looks like lockdown got rushed!

Ya it's an exact replica of the 360 and PS3....

But seriously it's nothing more than sports titles now.. They make as many as they can spit out... Quantity over Quality with EA.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.