AVS Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
A good way to process this show, is to hit delete and remove it from memory. Probably, not worth the contemplation. :unsure:

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
Wow, this a seriously well developed theory - BONKERS!
I analyzed all the show's input criteria and other metrics and arrived at that carefully calibrated conclusion after serious thought and consideration. Which means I clearly gave it a lot more thought than the writers. 😁

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to another season. (y) Because in these trying times, you can never have enough BONKERS in your life to take your mind off the utter catastrophes going on right outside your door.

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
They are obviously going to have to explain how the snake/lampry or whatever it was implanted in Mother.
Per the show-runner, Mother essentially has a 3D printer inside her, and having simulated sex with what she thought was her creator is how the printing instructions were downloaded into her.

Listen, I don't think it's a good explanation either. I'm just telling you what the official explanation is.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Per the show-runner, Mother essentially has a 3D printer inside her, and having simulated sex with what she thought was her creator is how the printing instructions were downloaded into her.

Listen, I don't think it's a good explanation either. I'm just telling you what the official explanation is.
That is just lame.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

I think it works...but I mean, I don't want to review every single interview or featurette to understand the details of the show - they should be IN THE DAMN show if they want the audience to know (or maybe they just want everyone to assume things?) But having to constantly explain basic things in interviews...that must give them some pause? Maybe?

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
That is just lame.
Indeed. Why put a 3D printer inside the android if she's not designed or built with any way to output the printed item?

Also, given the way the creature tore through her to get out through her mouth, wouldn't it have badly damaged all of her internal components? How was she still able to talk and function normally after that?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Indeed. Why put a 3D printer inside the android if she's not designed or built with any way to output the printed item?

Also, given the way the creature tore through her to get out through her mouth, wouldn't it have badly damaged all of her internal components? How was she still able to talk and function normally after that?
Not to mention, how does a 3d printed object come to life??? :eek:

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
Not defending the writing as I thought the whole snake thing was way over the top but we already know that the Mother android is quite extraordinary in that she can seemingly change her whole body into a near-perfect death and destruction machine and in that content birthing the snake creature almost seems trivial.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Not defending the writing as I thought the whole snake thing was way over the top but we already know that the Mother android is quite extraordinary in that she can seemingly change her whole body into a near-perfect death and destruction machine and in that content birthing the snake creature almost seems trivial.
This makes sense... it would've been more plausible if she had been re-built by creator with the ability to give birth, crazy(BONKERS) still but... 😆

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
And they are going to keep going back to the fact that Mother was created with technology that was far-more advanced than what was available to the civilization at the time. I just hope they don't lean on this too heavily and not give us more backstory. I haven't read anything about Season 2 but I would assume they have to touch on that...

Maybe some type of advanced, synthetic DNA - as she obviously passed her flying ability on to the snake offspring - which, to that point, isn't that thing going to be now invincible at this point?

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
It's the Black Goo. A couple of Mithraics stumbled into a long abandoned Weyland Labs warehouse. Found a vile of the goo and said, you know what? Lets give our androids the BG and turn them into necromancers. Cool. We can be done by noon. Jimmy Johns for lunch? They're freaky fast.

Reactions: lax01

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
To be clear, she doesn't have a 3-D printer or the likes inside her, they said she is LIKE a 3-D printer. They said something downloaded information to her internal drives while connected to the pods that gave her the code to know how to create something in inside her that once fed with organic blood would have the necessary components to begin to grow. Not that I am trying to defend the finale and I am assuming your posts are in jest, but just wanted to point out she created the creature in her through new programming that grew when she took in blood.

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
Not to mention, how does a 3d printed object come to life??? :eek:
I guess we're just supposed to accept that the technology exists to 'print' the DNA and other building blocks necessary to create life. At least, for this alien form of life. Who knows what that's made of?

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
I guess we're just supposed to accept that the technology exists to 'print' the DNA and other building blocks necessary to create life. At least, for this alien form of life. Who knows what that's made of?
Probably saying they took what they needed from the blood and since we can manipulate DNA now, her code was able to modify the DNA to fit what it needed.

·
Registered
26,799 Posts
To be clear, she doesn't have a 3-D printer or the likes inside her, they said she is LIKE a 3-D printer. They said something downloaded information to her internal drives while connected to the pods that gave her the code to know how to create something in inside her that once fed with organic blood would have the necessary components to begin to grow. Not that I am trying to defend the finale and I am assuming your posts are in jest, but just wanted to point out she created the creature in her through new programming that grew when she took in blood.
Regardless, my issue is that the creature was printed inside her with no way to get out except to claw its way up and out through her mouth. Not exactly an efficient process. Perhaps that new programming could have found a way for her to print herself a vagina. 😮

·
Registered
18,530 Posts
Regardless, my issue is that the creature was printed inside her with no way to get out except to claw its way up and out through her mouth. Not exactly an efficient process. Perhaps that new programming could have found a way for her to print herself a vagina. 😮
😛

Reactions: lax01

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
Maybe some type of advanced, synthetic DNA - as she obviously passed her flying ability on to the snake offspring - which, to that point, isn't that thing going to be now invincible at this point?
My guess is since Mother is not longer a necromancer due to Caleb eating one of her super eyeballs, the flying lamprey thingie will now take on that role of unstoppable killing machine. I would also wonder what will happen to Caleb now that he's eaten a super eyeball. Will some of those powers now be transmitted to him? Otherwise, why even include that scene?

And as long as I'm guessing what the now wealthy "genius" Aaron Guzkowski has in mind for S-2, I will further guess that it will feel bonded to its mother Mother and that she will be the only one that can control it to some degree. Which will make Father even more jealous! More family drama! More BONKERS!

201 - 220 of 246 Posts