AVS Forum banner

5361 - 5380 of 16168 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Anyone have any cable problems today in Raleigh with all the storms and such? I know there was a flood in the Crabtree Mall area..

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
No cable in my house, but Dish was dropping according to my wife who works at home. OTA is maintained for just such an eventuality.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So far, I like what I see with The Tube. Nice to see music videos again. Kinda makes me think of a mix radio station; nice selection of music.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternncnewswat /forum/post/0

So far, I like what I see with The Tube. Nice to see music videos again. Kinda makes me think of a mix radio station; nice selection of music.

Too much 80's techno-pop-punk one video hit wonders for my taste, at least from what I've seen. Weed out the "early days of MTV" videos, and it's fine.

·
Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV-NUT /forum/post/0

Anyone have any cable problems today in Raleigh with all the storms and such? I know there was a flood in the Crabtree Mall area..

no problems

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I selected 28.2 and watched and listened to the Tube. Was not bad. Have to agree with posts from below.

But for some reason I can no longer get 22.1 - wierd.

-Donb2

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
"Originally Posted by HDTV-NUT

Anyone have any cable problems today in Raleigh with all the storms and such? I know there was a flood in the Crabtree Mall area.."

No problem in the morning watching the news. But Sunday night a Storm blew thru Holly Springs and I was forced to watch Ms Marpel on PBS over analog NTSC because the ATSC kept breaking up.

The better half remarked "So what good is HD?"

-DonB2

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Yo, was WRDC-DT UPN28.1 off the air last night? I watched supernatural lastnight on WLFL-DT WB22.1 with a signal of 42-45% but everytime I tried to checkout "The Tube" on 28.2 I got nothing, not even a flicker of signal strength.

At 6am this morn I decided to check and it was on. I got to see Rush perform "The Spirit of Radio" in concert this morn.
Nice way to start the day.I like Rush.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
"Yo, was WRDC-DT UPN28.1 off the air last night? "

I don't know about 28.1 but the Tube on 28.2 was going strong on OTA ATSC from 11:15pm last night until around 1 am when I finally had to get some shut eye.

Lennon, Blondie, Stevie Nicks, John Cougar, Roy Orbison, and so on were going strong. I felt like I was back at SUNY B watching it in the Union.

-DonB2

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
DonB2,

Thx, I guess it was a weather thing. I was checking between 8:30pm and 10:30pm,

·
Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 /forum/post/0

"Yo, was WRDC-DT UPN28.1 off the air last night? "

I don't know about 28.1 but the Tube on 28.2 was going strong on OTA ATSC from 11:15pm last night until around 1 am when I finally had to get some shut eye.

Lennon, Blondie, Stevie Nicks, John Cougar, Roy Orbison, and so on were going strong. I felt like I was back at SUNY B watching it in the Union.

-DonB2

and it was running well from 2am-5am, when the 4 month old wanted to hang out.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
"and it was running well from 2am-5am, when the 4 month old wanted to hang out"

1 am was late enough for me thankyou!

-Don B2

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbordman /forum/post/0

and it was running well from 2am-5am, when the 4 month old wanted to hang out.

Dang! Kids only 4 months old and already hanging out at all times of the night partying.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,375
Titan TV doesn't have the Canes game listed for tomorrow night.

I assume it is on NBC17 here in Raleigh is it not? Hopefully not OLN again as I don't get tht.

·
Banned
490 Posts
I live in Knightdale (4 miles east of Raleigh) and I have pretty good HD OTA reception with my Radio Shack antenna. Soon I will have to move and I'm worried about this because I don't know how good or bad the reception is in other parts of Raleigh. Like for example North Raleigh, or northeast, at Lake Lynn, or Six Forks and Lynn. Mostly I'm interested to know if there are any parts of Raleigh that I should definitely avoid in my search for apartment because the reception is terrible there. Also, is there a best direction that my apartment should face in order to get bettter signal?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebaz /forum/post/0

I live in Knightdale (4 miles east of Raleigh) and I have pretty good HD OTA reception with my Radio Shack antenna. Soon I will have to move and I'm worried about this because I don't know how good or bad the reception is in other parts of Raleigh. Like for example North Raleigh, or northeast, at Lake Lynn, or Six Forks and Lynn. Mostly I'm interested to know if there are any parts of Raleigh that I should definitely avoid in my search for apartment because the reception is terrible there. Also, is there a best direction that my apartment should face in order to get bettter signal?

Thanks

Check out antennaweb . You can put in your address (or potential address) or zip code and get the antenna requirements as well as a map of where the towers are in relation to the location you input.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I lived at leadmine and lynn, and the reception with an indoor antenna was not watchable.

5361 - 5380 of 16168 Posts