AVS Forum banner

16161 - 16168 of 16168 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
What tuner are you using? I just ordered a HD homerun 3.0 and live in holly springs, curious to see what kind of pq I get once it gets here.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
The Sony X900H I just purchased has a built in ATSC 3.0 tuner. I’ve read good things about the HD Homerun and I’m sure it’s lot cheaper but I was in need of a new TV and found a good price on this one and wanted the 3.0 tuner.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
The Sony X900H I just purchased has a built in ATSC 3.0 tuner. I’ve read good things about the HD Homerun and I’m sure it’s lot cheaper but I was in need of a new TV and found a good price on this one and wanted the 3.0 tuner.
The Sony X900H was the best bang for the buck TV last year as it had all the high end specs and features as well as the built in ATSC 3.0 tuner. A similar Samsung model was priced much higher and the Sony was a very good deal. To get the ATSC 3.0 tuner in a Samsung or LG model you have to pay more, but that should eventually change. Right now it is only available in the higher end models, and only the Sony version was reasonably priced.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't know what's up at WNCN, but I do wish someone would fix this.
And it appears that they have. Don't know what it was, or what they did to fix it, but these edge of picture artifacts are gone now. Makes it much nicer to watch -- don't have the eye constantly drawn toward the "motion" at the top of the screen.

Thanks WNCN.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like WTVD may be adding a new channel. They have put up color bars and a test tone for WTVD-D4, now displaying as 9.5 on my ROKU TV. I believe they broadcast on the RF 9 frequency. They already have ABC on .1, Localish on .2, LAFF on .3, and COMET on .4 but showing as 28.3 for the channel share with WRDC. Not sure what this one will be.
1.jpg 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
According to the live bandscan for WTVD, the PSIP label for 11.4 is "HSN".

WABC in NYC also now has a 7.4 labeled "HSN"

While over in Chicago, WLS is testing a new 7.3 as "THIS-TV"

No sign of any new channels on WPVI Philly, KABC Los Angeles or KGO Bay Area, while no bandscan is in range of KTRK Houston or KFSN Fresno. Their contract for Laff is about to expire, so there should be some more changes on most of the ABC O&Os real soon.

EDIT: Gracenote finally updated their listings, all the ABC O&Os are replacing Laff with ThisTV tomorrow.

EDIT2: 7.4 QVC2 just popped up on the live bandscan for KABC, still nothing for the other O&Os

·
Registered
150 Posts
According to the live bandscan for WTVD, the PSIP label for 11.4 is "HSN".

WABC in NYC also now has a 7.4 labeled "HSN"

While over in Chicago, WLS is testing a new 7.3 as "THIS-TV"

No sign of any new channels on WPVI Philly, KABC Los Angeles or KGO Bay Area, while no bandscan is in range of KTRK Houston or KFSN Fresno. Their contract for Laff is about to expire, so there should be some more changes on most of the ABC O&Os real soon.

EDIT: Gracenote finally updated their listings, all the ABC O&Os are replacing Laff with ThisTV tomorrow.
Nice, thanks for the info! 9.5 has now changed to 11.4 HSN on my ROKU televisions now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I’m watching the NCAA championship on my Sony 3.0 tuner and the picture keeps getting all types of wonky on 17.1. The other stations 11.1 and 28.1 are fine. I can change the channel and go back and it starts good and then eventually gets worse and half the picture is missing. It would look better on a CRT! What you see in the picture is exactly how it looks.

16161 - 16168 of 16168 Posts