AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just noticed today that the 3 pack pany rams in the full dvd cases are now $6.97, down from 9.99. they also had a new pioneer dvd/vhs recorder in stock and on display that i had not seen there before.


chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,606 Posts
Believe it or not my local Wal-Mart has NEVER had DVD-RAM Discs? :mad:


Maybe I'll call my Wal-Mart in the next town over & see if they have them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
This must vary from one store to the next? I was in a local Walmart 4 days ago and they don't even carry Panasonic DVD-RAM any more. The only DVD-RAM they had was Maxell thin jewel case 3-pack for $9.99 I believe.


The most likely source would be a Super Walmart which did carry the new blue label Panasonics but they weren't on sale the last time I was there. Unfortunately a Super Walmart is not very convenient to me and I won't be making any special trips with todays gas prices.


Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1313
Believe it or not my local Wal-Mart has NEVER had DVD-RAM Discs?


Maybe I'll call my Wal-Mart in the next town over & see if they have them.
I didn't think you even owned a DVD recorder. I thought you were opposed to them because you were waiting for the next big thing (DVD-HD, Blue Ray). Why are you going to all this trouble?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari
I didn't think you even owned a DVD recorder. I thought you were opposed to them because you were waiting for the next big thing (DVD-HD, Blue Ray). Why are you going to all this trouble?
Wait till he finds out how he'll have to wait for Wal-Mart to start stocking 3-packs of Blue Ray blanks... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,330 Posts
I like that $8.99/3-pack offer at Office Depot that was covered in another thread. Since they are double sided RAMs that's the equivalent of $1.50/"disk". They may be OD house brand, but how many RAM makers are there -- 3? 4? all Japanese. I wouldn't be surprised if they were rebranded Panasonic USA-made RAMs.


Just speculating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson
I like that $8.99/3-pack offer at Office Depot that was covered in another thread. Since they are double sided RAMs that's the equivalent of $1.50/"disk". They may be OD house brand, but how many RAM makers are there -- 3? 4? all Japanese. I wouldn't be surprised if they were rebranded Panasonic USA-made RAMs.


Just speculating.
They are made in Taiwan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgazzara
They are made in Taiwan.
Shoots that one, doesn't it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,700 Posts
It doesn't really matter with RAM where it was made. It has robust error checking and besides its rewriteable. Not the same deal as with write once media...IMO. I picked up a couple of 3 packs and am checking them out. They seem to be just fine so far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vferrari
It doesn't really matter with RAM where it was made. It has robust error checking and besides its rewriteable. Not the same deal as with write once media...IMO. I picked up a couple of 3 packs and am checking them out. They seem to be just fine so far.
Same here. I used them a bit and they seem every bit as good as the Panasonic DVD-RAM, and a bargain as well!


RG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Crutchfied (Amazon site)...just lowered price to 10 for $19+ ship. Reduced $1

Panasonic
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top