AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the TVShowsOnDVD.com staff at TV Guide :
Quote:
Today I'm thrilled to have learned, and be the first to tell you, that the second and third films are making their way to Blu-ray Disc! Lionsgate hasn't officially announced these yet, but thanks to my industry contacts I've recently had a look at their upcoming schedule of releases for April and May, and noted that it includes Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III with a planned street date of May 27th.

Please note that the date is tentative and still subject to change. In fact, if I were Lionsgate I would change it. I'd move it up a week and get it out on the 20th, so action film fans can pick these up and watch them during the long Memorial Day weekend, instead of missing that window by putting it out the day after the holiday.

Hey, maybe the studio can also bring us the newest film on Blu-ray at the same time? Or is that asking too much?

Well...we'll see. Rocky Balboa made it to home video just three months after its theatrical debut, so it wouldn't surprise me - at all - if Rambo makes it home by the end of May!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really hope they take their time and do them right. Hopefully they still have the film in good condition.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I hope this is true id love to have all the movies on 1 format. Prehapps they can remaster first blood while their at it. Put out a ultimate boxset with 4-8 discs. Sell it for $60

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbert16 /forum/post/13017697

I already have the trilogy on hd-dvd thanks to studio canal.

I have also owned the trilogy on DVD as well. Oh wait, that isnt the point of this thread. Ok, I will move on.

I really hope they add the newest to that date as well.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a joint Lionsgate/Weinstein production, but LGF retained video rights.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Rambo: First Blood Part II is mine! Don't know if I'll bother with Rambo III though, didn't care for that one. Although the new one looks like it'll be decent so maybe I'll get pt. 3 just to have the entire series.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I just watched "Rambo" in theatres today.......it was awesome! Especially if you like the other 3. In fact, it's probably my second favourite in the series (First Blood is #1 of course!). I'll definitly picking up Rambo on Blu Ray when it comes out

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick0716 /forum/post/13021527

I just watched "Rambo" in theatres today.......it was awesome! Especially if you like the other 3. In fact, it's probably my second favourite in the series (First Blood is #1 of course!). I'll definitly picking up Rambo on Blu Ray when it comes out

Def. picking it up as well. Awesome movie!

·
Registered
6,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Reloaded /forum/post/13018506

Isn't the newest distributed by Weinstein, and therefore a Blu-ray release is unlikely at the moment?

Theres a nice preview of it (in HD) on the 3:10 to Yuma BD.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hope this is true!! Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have the HD-DVD's, and I thought 2 & 3 looked pretty good. So, I suspect people will be happy with the Blu Ray releases. I like how is knife keeps getting larger with each movie until it is basically a short sword!

·
Registered
735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcswoosh /forum/post/13016348

I really hope they take their time and do them right. Hopefully they still have the film in good condition.

I had them in HDDVD and they looked real good, so BD should look just as good.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts

I like this film, not bad for a sequel did fairly well at the box office back in 1985.

It would be interesting to know what the Dolby stereo mix is like on it, because the first edition VHS PAL tapes that where shipped out back in 1986, had some type of flaw in the phasing of one of the Lt-Rt channels.

This resulted in centralized sound information filtering into left and right, and surround channel, creating a foggy mess.

The same deal with the region 2 DVD, what is going on with the mix, what kind of Muppets do they have, when transferring the mix from (master video tape) to VHS PAL then PAL laserdisc now region 2 DVD?

The only way I can fix this is with applying digital device to the left-total and right-total and adjust the phase of one of the channels to see if that fixes the problem. Or I can wait until the newer Rambo trilogy arrives on region 2 DVD, and see if they’ve fixed the Dolby sound issue with Rambo 2.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Excellent News.

I have First Blood on BD and Rambo II on HD DVD.

Time for Rambo III and Rambo IV on BD.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The creativity in title selection must reflect the creativity involved in the script.

First Blood comes out. then Rambo : First Blood part 2. Then rambo 3? Shouldn't it be Rambo II or first blood part 3? Then they release the 4th "first blood: film and call it simply "Rambo" which is the name of the second film but would actually be "Rambo III" or "First Blood IV" if a sane person had ANYTHING to do with naming these.

But yeah, I'm buying all of them of course.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Y'know, the naming is kind of like Final Fantasy in the US, now that I think about it...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hidefdigest has just posted the May announcement for these titles, as well.

Lee

1 - 20 of 330 Posts