AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Fox "doubleheader" game tomorrow.

Anyone know if it's widescreen?

Have not seen their NFL widescreen broadcast this year, but did watch their Superbowl last year.

Not even close to CBS or ABC (when they did MNF in HD), but much better than the normal OTA digital feed I usually watch or my DTV NFL Sunday Ticket signal.

Terry M.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
The games slotted for Fox Widescreen tomorrow are Chicago at Green Bay (‘B’ game) at 1pm & St. Louis at Philadelphia (‘A’ game) at 4pm.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tmpsu
This is the Fox "doubleheader" game tomorrow.

Anyone know if it's widescreen?

Have not seen their NFL widescreen broadcast this year, but did watch their Superbowl last year.

Not even close to CBS or ABC (when they did MNF in HD), but much better than the normal OTA digital feed I usually watch or my DTV NFL Sunday Ticket signal.

Terry M.
It will definitely be widescreen for me (and surround sound) -- I'll be there in person :D

Eric

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Cheer up Kipp. At least you're not a Lions fan ;)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
This will be one of the rare times I will watch Fox, because of the Bears game. I do not know which will be worse, the way the Bears play or the Fox picture quality....
Kip, Please advise which NFL games this year have had better picture quality than Fox. What are you watching?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Great, Fox wide-screen 480p game has the Bears and I am inFox reception hell, Hell maybe someday we can get Sinclair to shoot another coat of primer on the trailer to spiff it up a bit, and crank up the "hemi" and put out enough power to pick them up 10 miles away....oh yeah and then they will need to pass the network feed.... not likely...its crappy analog for the Bears game today.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stsrep
Anyone know if Direct Ticket will pass through the widescreen feed ?
They may pass a 16:9 AR, but not the Fox Widescreen (480p/EDTV) format.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Even the 16x9 feed is better picture quality than the 4x3 IMHO.Colors appear much brighter and less blurr in the overall picture.The 480p/EDTV format I've never seen since the local affiliate doesn't pass it through here in the Nashville area.

·
Premium Member
11,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by barhoram
Kip, Please advise which NFL games this year have had better picture quality than Fox. What are you watching?
The CBS 4x3 broadcasts appear to have a slight edge over Fox's. Fox's broadcast has demonstrated many artifacts, while CBS is 480i, it has produced a somewhat artifact free picture.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Eagles/Packers game in Fox Widescreen looks pretty darn good. There may be a lot of criticism about Fox not doing HD, but this still looks a hell of a lot better then any other NFL broadcast on any other network.

Just my $.02

Bob

·
Registered
943 Posts
It only looks better than an SD broadcast, it is a far cry from the CBS HD Saturday college game. Boston Public looks better than Fox Widescreen NFL football.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Game (Rams/Eagles) looks a lot better than it did Thursday. None of the digital artifacts I complained about on Thurs. Still not HD of course, but until CBS starts their games in HD, I'll be watching the NFC games.

Update: I take back some of this. I still see some motion artifacts.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jerryez
It only looks better than an SD broadcast, it is a far cry from the CBS HD Saturday college game. Boston Public looks better than Fox Widescreen NFL football.
Your comparing apples and oranges; college football and the NFL; filmed drama and live sports.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
It is my guess that the previously reported appearance of widescreen on Sunday Ticket was due to a mistake. I can't imagine they would intentionally send out a squeezed image that would be displayed incorrectly on the vast majority of receivers.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stsrep
Anyone see widescreen on Sunday Ticket yesterday?

Wasn't available here and was wondering.
The Bears/Packers was standard 4:3.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.