AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my replaytv for over about a year now, and I would not trade it for any other brand DVR.

But sometimes it and DNNA make me so angry.

I went to record my wife's shows tonight and NBC was at it again with Average Joe starting 1 min early and of course she wanted me to record Fat fiance from 9 till 10:00 on another channel.

This had never happend to me before so I figured replay had to have a way to deal with this. WRONG! They have the option to record before the show or after a show, but not to stop recording early, or to start recording late. Is it me or is this a major oversight? I mean the last 3 mins of any show are just Commercials anyway, so why not make it so I can cut them off?

I just don't understand why this has not been added with atleast the 5040, I could understand if it had been an earlier version.

DNNA has not done anything since they bought replaytv. Are they loosing money? What is wrong with them. I desperately want an HDReplayTV! They seem to be the only company that has not announced one. I am really hopping that they have one in works and are just keeping it under wraps, so it doesn't make the top 10 Vaporware list of 03 like the HDTivo did.

Anyways I feel better.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Try Manual Record.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yup, manual record works just fine in situations like that. Also, don't blame ReplayTV for something that is obviously NBC's fault. You want a feature that is not advertised when you bought the unit, that's just too bad, buy something else or make your own DVR. Many have asked for that for awhile now, but don't say it's a major oversight.

And DNNA hasn't done anything, I beg to differ. Let's see, since SonicBlue we have gotten:

- Show|Nav

- VBR on standard recording (so the quality looks better)

- Many, many bug fixes

- A huge trade-in program for those 4k and 5k owners who expected their units to be able to stream shows.

Well, that might not be much, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I found an easy solution - stop recording/watching most NBC shows. They (and by they, I mean the man who think's he's God's gift to TV - Jeff Zucker) are doing this for no other reason than to screw with DVR users. Fine, if they want to screw with me I've got an easy solution - go f*** yourself NBC.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I want to chime in that I think it IS a serious oversight.

I own (4) 5504s and (2) 2020s, each dedicated to one broadcast channel. That is the only way I know to solve this problem.

I understand that manual record can solve this problem, but the box should be smart enough to handle this!

On the other hand, I have no expectation that they are ever going to solve this. Not self pity, just being a realist; I don't think they are going to be putting any serious resources into this problem. I have been emailing and complaining to them since 1999 on this subject, no joy.

I still like my Replays, just have learned to live with this frustration....

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I did do a manual record. It just seems it would be easy to make it so we could start a min late, or finish a min early, It would be more useful than say starting 249 mins early anyway.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
I found an easy solution - stop recording/watching most NBC shows. They (and by they, I mean the man who think's he's God's gift to TV - Jeff Zucker) are doing this for no other reason than to screw with DVR users. Fine, if they want to screw with me I've got an easy solution - go f*** yourself NBC.
I have to agree, maybe you could convince my wife, I know I can't.

hehe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.