AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends recently picked up this game, i had no idea there was a new fishing game out. It's horrible though, the review says it all ( http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/908/908191p1.html ).

I'm a bass fisherman, it's my favorite hobby during the spring, summer, and fall months. In my opinion, nothing beats relaxing out on the lake in a boat on a beautiful day, actually catching the fish is just icing on the cake (but such a thrill when you hook them though).

I know a fishing game probably won't appeal to a lot of people, but i just wish that someone could make a great fishing game that really captures the feel and fun of fishing, it would be great during the winter months. Something with great graphics, great controls, online tournaments, etc.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmanky /forum/post/15577377

Seems like the Wii would be a better platform for a good fishing game with the motion controllers.

True.

I had a Wii last year, but sold it on craigslist after a couple of months. I just had no interest in playing it, it was almost like a novelty thing for me i guess. I wanted it badly, but once i got it, i didn't want it lol.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Fishing on Zelda: Ocarina of time was awesome... Best fishing game ever.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
A friend of mine has an iPhone and they have motion enabled games on that just like the Wii. He's got a fishing game on it and he's completely 100% addicted to it. People think he's crazy whipping his cellphone around on the subway on the way to and from work. I don't know the name of it, but if you happen to have an iPhone keep a look out for it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I love to fish and hunt, and since I live in a place where both are easily accessible, there's no desire to play a game about hunting and fishing. I want my games to let me do things that I otherwise couldn't do, like blasting Super Mutants in the face.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Horton /forum/post/15585656

I love to fish and hunt, and since I live in a place where both are easily accessible, there's no desire to play a game about hunting and fishing. I want my games to let me do things that I otherwise couldn't do, like blasting Super Mutants in the face.

I hear ya. But hunting season is over here, and the only fishing is ice fishing which i'm not fond of, hence the wanting a game about it. Soon as spring come around i'll forget all about having a fishing game because i'll be back out on my boat.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I've never understood the appeal of video games that replicate activities that are straight forward enough to do in real life.

Driving , martial arts and sports games generally hold no attraction to me as they just can't be as interesting as the real thing.

Golf games!!!?? what's that about!!!

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D /forum/post/15587570

I've never understood the appeal of video games that replicate activities that are straight forward enough to do in real life.

Driving , martial arts and sports games generally hold no attraction to me as they just can't be as interesting as the real thing.

To each their own.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Horton /forum/post/15585656

pffft, try being me. I have a super top secret alien hunting and killing job for the government. All I want to do after a hard day of blasting alien scum and cleaning their green guts off the sidewalk and my face is to play some damn fishin'. What an escape!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I have a fishing game on my ps2 and its ok fun but nothing groundbreaking and I sure wouldnt pay $60 for a fishing game.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracat /forum/post/15583596

A friend of mine has an iPhone and they have motion enabled games on that just like the Wii. He's got a fishing game on it and he's completely 100% addicted to it. People think he's crazy whipping his cellphone around on the subway on the way to and from work. I don't know the name of it, but if you happen to have an iPhone keep a look out for it.

iFishing? I have it for my iPod Touch. Its fun but the weights of the fish are pretty unrealistic.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracat /forum/post/15589741

pffft, try being me. I have a super top secret alien hunting and killing job for the government. All I want to do after a hard day of blasting alien scum and cleaning their green guts off the sidewalk and my face is to play some damn fishin'. What an escape!

Best post ever. I almost had milk come out of my nose.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D /forum/post/15587570

Ever played Hot Shots Golf? Infinitely more fun than hitting the balls just a couple of times per hour.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts