AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had this awkward experience today with my new 433HD. I paused a movie for ten minutes, and experiences a REALLY bad imprint. It was only temporary, but I am afraid that these screen get really easily burned! I mean, I know that burn-in is a issue, but that it creates these temporarily burns after only ten minutes scares me a little...

Anyone experiences that burns have sticked to the 433 or 5030HD/cmx or other types of screens? Maybe the high light output makes the Pioneers very endangered of being burned?

As I use some computer games with some static symbols, that probably will be used for 2-8 hours at a time, I am really afraid these temporary burns will stick as they are apparent after only ten minutes.

I am really getting cold chills down my back on this purchase! I mean, as Pioneer is advertising so strongly for computer usage on XGA, it should be possible to use it without being afraid of burnins all the time!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Jon,

I think you can relax a little. These are not burns or burn-in. This is after-image. What we have found is the Pio seems to display this after-image a little longer than the other models.

So sit back, relax and enjoy your HT experience.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.