AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with www.rapidrun.com? Seems (on the surface) to be a pretty good idea.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts about this solution?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought one off ebay (was about half price from online retailers). I bought a 75 ft component video plus red/white audio cable. It is thicker than it looks in pictures, but still a cool idea. I haven't hooked it up yet, but plan to use it to split signal from home theater room to kitchen tv. I preinstalled a 1 inch tube in the wall to the crawlspace when I was doing some remodeling, and I'm pretty sure this will fit through it.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe they say it will fit through a 3/4" conduit so you should be ok. Please provide updates as you have them.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mind me asking where you ordered it from? BTW, I saw Dell had a limited number of cables on their site for a very good price.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I ordered the cables through Amazon. I have received the cables, but I have not received my matrix switch yet. I did hook up the 50' rapid run cable to my DVR which runs to my Samsung DLP upstairs. To my untrained eyes, the picture looks just like it would with a 3' component cable. I also use the digital coax audio which feeds my receiver upstairs and there are no audio hickups/sync issues at all.

Dan

·
Registered
473 Posts
I haven't tried mine yet, since I'm scared to fire it up as it runs through a hole in my floor which also has the gas line running through (any thoughts? no responses yet to my post in this same forum from last night). But as someone else said, it's thicker than it looks. The cable is quite beefy, but the ends are quite wide. Nice looking quality on those terminations, but wider than I thought theyd be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.