AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that it has been a while since some rare titles have been up on ebay. Bourne, Alien, and American Pie. I wonder if any will be up for sale anytime soon.

Tom

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I see people dumping them once the HD-DVD and blu-ray versions come out. I'll hold on to mine like the crazy colector I am.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
I have Bourne(still sealed :D), Alien and the Beauty of Japan(still sealed) tapes, all I need for rare ones is Mulholland and Pie

I do not plan on selling the sealed ones above, I plan on opening them and watching them, damn it!!

-Gary

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Do you have Emperors Club? Took me a while to find it to complete the collection but that seems to be a harder to find title as I guess there was less demand. I think Universal just did a small run of all their titles from 62240-62463. Mulholland DR. Emperors Club, Brotherhood of the wolf, america pie, bourne Identity. The odd title is Meet the parents at 62242. I think the release was delayed, changed. It came out at 6/29/04 because it contains DTS. The rest of those cat# range titles came out the end of 2003.

·
Premium Member
12,074 Posts
I have Alien, Bourne Identity, and Mulholland Drive. I am currently selling Beauty of Japan and the D-Theater Demo tapes. I just don't get much use out of them. I think the only REALLY rare one out there that I don't have is American Pie, which I am not that big a fan of anyways.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Based on working on the sellers list. My next guess for harder to find titles is Meet Joe Black, Brotherhood of the wolf and Standing in the shadows..., If anybody has any interest in these they should buy right away.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a sealed K-PAX for trade if anyone is interested. :) I am looking for sealed copy of Lost in Translation, Love Actually, Family Man, About a Boy, Behind Enemy Lines or Big Mommas House.

Tom

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I didn't know so many of these titles were considered rare. If I had Bourne, I'd have them all. Bourne is the only one that seems rare to me. Despite my best efforts, I wasn't one of the lucky 13 that actually got Bourne shipped to them. If it was a lottery, why didn't they just say so!

·
Premium Member
12,074 Posts
I hear ya Rachael. But if you got into D-Theater late like I did, a lot of titles are pretty hard to find, especially new. I've only been in the game for about a month and a half now. I have all the titles I want though except Planet of the Apes and From Hell. I will get them soon though I suppose. I've managed to get the real hard ones though including Alien, Bourne and Mulholland Drive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Oh, wow did you get the tape I sent already Gary?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I have no idea. I sent the exact same questions but no one has changed it. You should also have mentioned that it was not in alphabetical order because of it!:D

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Also the promotional Dtheater demo and Jazz demo tapes are not listed.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.