AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is electronic raster centering but I don't know if this is manually adjustable as well. I don't seem to see anything on the neck of the tube that would be raster centering magnets.

There are a group of tabs that are siliconed into place which I assume are astig and flare. Is it wise to mess with these?

Also whenever I adjust my astig from the ref. adjust menu, I cant defocus the dots at the same time. Am I missing something here?

Alun

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
If the tabs have not been messed with, I would not start to..:)

There are the electronic adjustments within the reference menu for master V shift.

Remember, once you start messing with these without systematically going through a regime of proper adjustments, you're gonna get stuck in the quagmire of:

"MY XG WON'T SHOW A GOOD PICTURE..."

Don't start another one of those threads...:)

Curt

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I don't suppose there is any mechanical raster centering on the XG's.

Early yesterday the Marquee came down off the ceiling. By the time I took a brake to watch the Chargers play football the XG's ceiling mount was installed...after the Charger game I got the XG110LC installed, and spent until 1 am starting the setup.

After setting the deflection coils I tried rotating one of the focus coils (which is part of Mechanical raster centering on the Marquees)...it doesn't do a thing to the rasters on the XG's.

So I'd have to say NO, there is no mechanical raster positioning on the XG. It's all electonically done.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys,

Curt could you elaborate on the master vertical shift, I've never seen it in the ref. menu.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kenny, Curt,

There are two tabs that stick out of the side of the Deflection Yoke. Mine are still siliconed in place, but I had always assumed they were for raster centreing. Any ideas what they are for?

Thanks in advance

Regards

John

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
John...interesting, I just went and had a look at those, I've never noticed them on my previous XG's.

I have no clue what they do, but thinking about what the deflection coil does, perhaps they are for mechanically setting the relationship of Tilt to Skew...or, perhaps they are for mechanically centering the raster.

I will start to search the tech manual and see if I can find their function.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That could prove interesting as I've found that my green tilt is off even though I have a level screen and projector. The mechanical geometry is there and yet I have to use tilt a fair bit to get the green correct.

However I have not noticed those tabs on my XG110 other than the ones on the back of the neck. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot.

Kenny I'm interested in hearing what you find. By the way where does one get a tech manual from. I have only the service and setup manuals.

Alun

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The manual has nothing about them, and DougB doesn't know what they do either, so that means I'm not touching them!

Alun, to set your Tilt correctly do this:

1) "Normalize your Tilt and Skew

2) loosen the thumb screw for the deflection coil (it's the one up on the bell of the tube

3) Rotate the deflection coil until your Crosshair's Horizonal line is level. (it's best to have tape arrowheads centered on the right & left edges of your screen...on the screen's frame, not on the screen material)

3) After your H-line is level, tighten the D-coil's thumb screw, and reset Skew.

Mechanical Tilt is part of a good setup, the closer to 0 the better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.