AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as a recent convert to FPTV's but a long time RPTV guy the whole raster stuff has me confused. I recently installed a BG808 on my ceiling at the exact distance from the screen as recommended by the Barco lens program. Well the first thing you are supposed to do is center the Raster. I cant figure out how to really do this right. When I hook up a signal the raster shrinks to roughly 16:9 and is near impossible to exactly center. I did not delete all blocks first so is this the problem? I was hesitant to do this since the previous owner had it setup to the exact resolutions and same screen size as I wanted (incidentally, it was initially set up for him by Terry (Chuchuf)). The first thing I noticed was that the raster spilled slightly off the face of the crt's at the lower corners. I thought you were supposed to maintain a gap ALL around? My concern with the way I have it installed now is that it may be too far from the screen with too small a raster. I had to shrink my hsize and vsize to the 80's.

Next question I have is if someone who knows the Barcos can explain in detail the whole copy a block thing step by step. I dont understand what is to be done here.

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Brian,

I think you may be confusing raster with image.

If you go into the installation menu, you will be guided through a process where by you will center the rasters using the Barco internal test pattern, and then you will "toe" in the lenses so that this centered rater is projecting to the screen center from all of the CRT's.

It is not unusual with Barcos to see this raster filling all of the CRT and even spilling over.

Once that is done, then you will start the convergence pricess and adjusting the width and height of the image (that is on the raster) to fit your screen.

Find the thread that Guy Kuo wrote called Holy Focus and he has a pretty good explanation of this.

Terry

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, I think you are right I was confusing the two. A few questions. One how do you go about setting up blocks for different resolutions? Next, I was redoing things earlier tonite and had perfect convergence except for the left most part of the picture where the blue was off the last viewable line. This could not be corrected without messing up other convergence points.

Finally the bad part...I had the projector hooked up temporarily to a power cord and my son accidentally kicked it. He immediately plugged it back in and there was a slight spark. After that the projector would not start back up. No lights no nothing. Am I right to assume this is a fuse and if so where can you get them. I see the fuses listed in the manual. How do you tell if the fuses are blown? I looked at the power board and the fuses look white does this mean they are blown?

Brian

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Brian,

The 808 has two blocks that are avaiable per input frequency. The are 5 and 95 for input 5, 3 and 93 for input 3. These "memories" are automatically selected by the projector depending on the input frequency/resolution.

There are a bunch of fuses on the 808. They are located on the A/C input board, the G2/diagnostic board and the SMPS. Some will require the use of a meter to check.

Terry

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its definitely the two on the ac input board. They are 10a/250v mini fuses and I just know I am going to have trouble finding them anywhere. Do you know anywhere in the ATL that carries these? Radio Shack lists mini fuses only to 6amps. Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.