Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in an apartment and I can't ceiling mount my 2500 ECP. The tubes only have a couple thousand hours on them and have zero wear. To make it work within the room and the screen(85in 4:3) it's back 127in from the screen. At this distance the raster size is definately reduced. Any closer and it is in the middle of the room with no options to mount from the ceiling. Its plenty bright but I'm afraid of putting premature wear on the tubes. Anyone have any suggestions and what distance are your projectors from a screen of about the same size? Thanks

Trent

·
Registered
448 Posts
I too live in an apartment, what i did is mount some 2x4's wall to wall and hung the

projector in the middle 12 foot span.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You will cause premature wear on the tubes, preventing you from using the full raster once you relocate to a house where you can place the PJ properly.

I'm in an apartment and ceiling mounted my G70 via Unistrut secured to the ceiling with 6 lag screws into overhead joists. When it comes time to move, I have 6 (ok, slightly more than 6 because I missed on one corner) holes to spackle and a ceiling to touch up or paint.

IMO, that's FAR preferred to ruining a set of tubes. (Ruining perhaps being strong, but once you've run the tubes for an appreciable time on a small raster, you won't like the uneven-ness when you start using the full raster.)

--Jim

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure there's calculators out there somewhere for this, But If I do ceiling mount it what would be the desired distance from the screen considering I'm at 127in now. I don't want to move it and reset it all back up if I'm not going to ceiling mount it right away. Thanks again

Trent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.