AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...5e6d837a6een02

Got a GREAT deal with this one, i actually got them to knock off a few hundred bucks, funny enough i got the tv for cheaper then best buy employees do.

Free Calibration Thrown in(i really pushed for this) and an additional 200$ knocked off(i insisted that this tv was $200 out of my price range)

Lets just say that this thing is a beast, i love the PQ, ps3 looks great on it, blu ray looks superb, even regular dvd looks great, i still am having a hard time with the 120hz while watching dvds, the soap opera look is very odd to me, but im sure ill get used to it.

anyways what do you guys think??

and is calibration really that great?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was about to say the same thing but it should be noted, he's dealing with BB in Canada. Our pricing structure is WAY different than what you boys in the US are getting.

Prime example:

KDL-60EX500 $2299 at Sonystyle.com

KDL-60EX500 $2799 at Sonystyle.ca

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godofwar8344 /forum/post/18312634

anyways what do you guys think??
What difference does it make what anyone else thinks?? You already bought it!!

Enjoy your new TV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroomelectro /forum/post/18312886

Can't say I'm a fan of Sony LCDs. What made it stand out for you?

just the overall name of sony, and the past experiences with the company.

and i know 40'' isnt nothing special, but this is for my room, and was wondering what you guys thought of the tv, thats all, and this is my first jump to the 1080p, 120hz universe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatDad2007 /forum/post/18318571

I work at BB in the states. What clown approved of that deal??

you saying i fleeced em?? hehe

and 52 is WAY too big for the bedroom, 40 is pushing it lol

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Ignore the people who obviously are unaware of the difference in pricing in the US and Canada on TVs. Just enjoy your TV and keep an eye out for lower prices within 30 days so you can take advantage of their price guarantee. Or you can go to other stores and try to bargain with them to get a lower price and just return the one you got from BB. Usually the smaller electronics stores are easier to bargain with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel /forum/post/18318984

Ignore the people who obviously are unaware of the difference in pricing in the US and Canada on TVs. Just enjoy your TV and keep an eye out for lower prices within 30 days so you can take advantage of their price guarantee. Or you can go to other stores and try to bargain with them to get a lower price and just return the one you got from BB. Usually the smaller electronics stores are easier to bargain with.

oh i do, the inflation rate in canada is crazy, its always been that way though, us canadians always pay more

and i shall keep my eye out. thanks man!

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Sometimes it's due to packaging requirements for Canada, and also the demand is also lower due to the population size compared to the US.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel /forum/post/18319037

Sometimes it's due to packaging requirements for Canada, and also the demand is also lower due to the population size compared to the US.

youd that with the demand being lower they would lower the price to get more sales. hehe.

ahh well, its no big deal, i got a great deal and im very pleased.

oh and is calibration really that great?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts