AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help assessing my recent purchase. Here is what I bought with the prices listed (Canadian Dollars):

Energy CF-50 L/R Tower: 249.99 each (500.00 total)

Denon E-300 Receiver: 399.99

Energy Centre Speaker CC-10: 199.99

Pinnacle 12'' PS225 Sub: 149.99

I currently live in a condominium apartment with a living room 13'x17' with 10' ceilings. I am planning to move to a larger home in the next 2-3 years so I am hoping this will be a system for the future. In terms of the prices I paid and looking to get a good solid system (not an audiophile by any means) that will be great for movies/music.

I definitely will be running my LED TV, Xbox, Apple TV, Cable receiver all through the Denon so also want to ensure everything jives. If anyone can chime in on any good alternatives in that price range or at least confirm that I made a good purchase, haha!

Any feedback helps. Also, to complete my 5.1 system still on the lookout for good bookshelf speakers so if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated. (Looking at Polk RTIA1')

Thanks!

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,897 Posts
The price for the CF-50's probably isn't the lowest, but the rest of your system appears to be pretty reasonable. I suspect that center might be overwhelmed by those towers though, because it seems to be a little on the small size relatively speaking. I did a review on the PS225 sub, so I'm very familiar with it. For music you'll probably like it, but for HT it might struggle a little.

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy87  /t/1473082/rate-my-purchase-3-1-package-until-i-buy-rears#post_23330612

Thanks Jim, I am picking up the system today so will test it out. Have a month to return it so want to make sure it fits my needs.

Pay particular attention to things like dialog and voice clarity. Regardless of whether or not it might be the "recommended" center it still seems to be on the small side for those towers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.