Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Rave-HD website :

"First Time Ever in HD! A classic concert filmed live at London's Wembley Stadium in 1987, this is Genesis at their iconic best. A spectacular stage and incredible visuals are topped only by their set list, including hits like "Mama," "That's All," "Land of Confusion" and so many more. Get ready to relive British rock history! Premieres October 22 @ 9PM ET."

Genesis is one of my all-time favorite bands. I can't hardly wait for this one!!! :cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, this is one that I'd really like to catch. I was actually at that show. If I remember right it was a 2 or 3 night run. I wonder if they were filming every night or just one particular night. Myself and my best friend were there together, we were in about the 10th row in the section to stage right. I need to find someone local with Voom.

I also saw the same concert at Dodger Stadium in SoCal...best concert I've ever been to.

Thanks for the headsup about the show,

Mike

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike:

10th row!!! Man, you're really lucky :cool:. I hope you find somebody with VOOM to watch it.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ktoolsie
The Peter Gabriel concert on InHD (cable only) was also superb although dissapointingly for a muscial concert the sound was only DD 2.0 and not DD5.1.

Kurt
No problem with Rave-HD. They show ALL content ALL the time in DD 5.1 and 1080i :)

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Walter L.
No problem with Rave-HD. They show ALL content ALL the time in DD 5.1 and 1080i :)
Just because 5.1 flag is on at all times, it does not mean it is true 5.1. I have seen shows on Rave HD where there is only sound from from left and right channel.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I just want to tell you guys that you might be disappointed. That concert while it was recorded in HD will have inferior picture to anything you see today. It was recorded in analog HD which will show noise and also analog HD had only 1035 visible lines.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
I just want to tell you guys that you might be disappointed. That concert while it was recorded in HD will have inferior picture to anything you see today. It was recorded in analog HD which will show noise and also analog HD had only 1035 visible lines.
Do you know that as a fact? It may have been produced in 35mm and transferred to HD.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This concert is on DVD - titled "Genesis - Live at Wembley Stadium". It was only released in March '04. I found it after reading this thread.

There is also "The Way We Walk: Live in Concert" on DVD - from London's Earl's Court in 1992. I was at the Dodger Stadium concert of this tour and own this DVD. It's pretty darn good and had me re-living this great concert. The sound isn't as good as the very best concert DVD's, but it is 5.1 and very enjoyable.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Walter L.
Do you know that as a fact? It may have been produced in 35mm and transferred to HD.
Yes I know that for a fact. There was a thread few months ago from a guy who works for the company that released the DVD. He was asking how many people would like to see this released on HD DVHS. He mentioned that it was shot in analog HD.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CKNA:

Thanks for the info. I also checked the PG and it says that it was produced in HD (as oppose to 35mm).

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Yes I know that for a fact. There was a thread few months ago from a guy who works for the company that released the DVD. He was asking how many people would like to see this released on HD DVHS. He mentioned that it was shot in analog HD.
What did they do, bring over analog HD equipment from Japan?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Cant wait ...Im going to blast this one!!!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, for some reason the concert didn't start until ~10:20PM ET. As expected, the PQ wasn't that great since it was shot on analog HD. However, the sound was excellent. It almost felt like being there.... :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.