AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1791 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ABOUT THE SERIES

Set in the sprawling mecca of the rich and famous, RAY DONOVAN does the dirty work for LA's top power players. The new one-hour series stars Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award nominee Liev Schreiber in his first lead television role as the go-to guy who makes the problems of the city's celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls disappear. This powerful drama unfolds when his father, played by Oscar® winner Jon Voight, is unexpectedly released from prison, setting off a chain of events that shakes the Donovan family to its core.

For more information about "Ray Donovan" on SHO, you can visit the official website below.
http://www.sho.com/sho/ray-donovan/about

IMDB,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/

You can watch "Ray Donovan" on Showtime starting on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM CST.

See you guys there!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rosanna Arquette Heads to Showtime's 'Ray Donovan' (Exclusive)

1:12 PM PDT 4/12/2013 / http://www.hollywoodreporter.com / by Lesley Goldberg

'Grey's Anatomy' Alum Books Recurring Role on Showtime's 'Ray Donovan' (Exclusive)

Rosanna Arquette has been tapped for a guest-starring role on the first-year Liev Schreiber series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

PHOTOS: THR's Cover Shoot With The Stars Of Showtime

Ray Donovan revolves around a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in Los Angeles -- the title character to be played by Schreiber -- as he balances his work demands and complex family brought on when his father, Mickey (Jon Voight), is unexpectedly released from prison. Paula Malcomson, Eddie Marsan, Dash Mihok, Katherine Moennig and Pooch Hall co-star.

Arquette (Pulp Fiction) will play Linda, a former starlet-turned-screenwriter who befriends Ray's father, Mickey. The gig marks Arquette's latest guest role following turns on Girls, Royal Pains and Private Practice. She's repped by Talent Works and Lovett Management.

She joins a cast that includes recent additions James Woods and Brooke Smith, among others.

Showtime will move Dexter up to a spring premiere June 30 and use the Michael C. Hall-Jennifer Carpenter starrer to launch Ray Donovan, which

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/rosanna-arquette-heads-showtimes-ray-438738

·
Registered
226 Posts
I caught the premire of Ray Donovan on On Demand a week ago and really enjoyed it. I hope that Liev Shreiber continues to do the narration of HBO documentaries such as Hard Knocks because he is great with those as well.

·
Registered
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins  /t/1468061/ray-donovan-on-sho#post_23484617

I caught the premire of Ray Donovan on On Demand a week ago and really enjoyed it. I hope that Liev Shreiber continues to do the narration of HBO documentaries such as Hard Knocks because he is great with those as well.

I was wondering about that myself as he does all the "24/7" narrations as well. I see that the Bengals will be the team in Hard Knocks again, not the best selection but I'll take what I can get.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Just finished the first episode. Much better than I expected, and I was hoping for a good one. Tons of potential. Don't know how it can go several seasons with the evil dad v. son thing, but lots of distractions from that and a great supporting cast.

Schreiber should have played Reacher.

·
Registered
27,184 Posts
I almost missed this show. It wasn't on my radar and I saw an article in our Sunday newspaper and decided to record it. We loved it! Thought it was really really realy good. We are hooked after one episode.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

I found it more promising than good.  But, that's not a bad thing for the 1st episode of a highly plotted series.  I can envision it becoming one of those "saves of the week - with backstory arc" built in though.  Kind of like a more devious version of Person of Interest in setup.  I'll be watching for now in hopes that the first couple of eps are setup and then it settles down.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Moving episode. Ray was smiling because the priest got justice or because he now has more leverage to hurt his father?

Ray showed heart, giving the transsexual payoff for the operation. I thought that was nice. Also how Ray gave her the pep talk about shaping up her life.

Interesting show.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C  /t/1468061/ray-donovan-on-sho#post_23505359

Moving episode. Ray was smiling because the priest got justice or because he now has more leverage to hurt his father?

I think leaning towards the latter, but maybe a bit of both.

I was worried this show was going to be a "procedural of the week" type - very glad to see it is not. I like the way the characters are being sketched out, and Elliott Gould is always an asset.

·
Registered
564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp  /t/1468061/ray-donovan-on-sho#post_23506226

I think leaning towards the latter, but maybe a bit of both.

I was worried this show was going to be a "procedural of the week" type - very glad to see it is not. I like the way the characters are being sketched out, and Elliott Gould is always an asset.

Yeah they seem to be striking a balance between the crisis of the week and the longer arc, which is OK if they can pull it off. The premise really lends itself to that kind of story telling--he's always going to have some immediate problem to take care of, as that's his job, but there's also plenty of room for season-long crises with that wack-a-mole family of his.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
Have seen only the first episode so far but, as another poster put it, I thought it was promising. You rarely if ever get better actors on one show anywhere than Liev Schreiber, John Voight, and Paula Malcomson. I found the interplay among the members of Ray's dysfunctional family to be fascinating. We learned early that as violent and ruthless as Ray has shown himself to be, his father is probably even more so. Really looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
This is now the best show on TV. Now that Borgia's got the axe Donovan has stepped in. I didn't think the second episode could be better than the first but it was. Mickey is a wolf dressed in clothes, and going to be a big problem for Ray Great show!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If they can keep it up, this is going to be a great ride. How nice to have some adult entertainment for a change.

I made a joke after the first episode that Schreiber should have played Reacher, but now I think he is Reacher, or the closest I've seen. His scene with the tranny wasn't so much moral, as rational - you're going to die if you do that, so don't do that.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to see Brooke Smith playing Doctor Frances. She's cute in her own special way. I remember her from American Horror Story and Law & Order: SVU. Oh, I guess Weeds too.

Hopefully she's integrated with the show.

1 - 20 of 1791 Posts