AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Raycom game tonight is being broadcast in HD (1080i and stereo audio). Hoping some of you in the ACC footprint will look in tonight. For the rest of the country, the game is on ESPN HD.

"Check your local listings."

9pm ET tonight.

Wendel

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
 Linky to the Raycom Sports site and a listing of affiliates that will be broadcasting the game tonight. However, they don't note which will be in HD, only that it is available in HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Thanks for the update, Wendel. It's good to see Raycom doing HD; is this new for you?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I wish our SEC games on Raycom where in HD. But our Knoxville station will stick it on their .2 channel which isn't HD.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/12987889

Thanks for the update, Wendel. It's good to see Raycom doing HD; is this new for you?

Nah. Been doing ACC games forever. They're conveniently in my back yard.

Rest of the nation is on ESPN2 HD. I was wrong earlier.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Didn't you mix the ACC tourney in HD last spring?

·
Registered
843 Posts
and there was much rejoicing in North Carolina!!! After seeing that the game was on ESPN2 and they were blacking it out in ACC markets (and assuming it would be in HD on ESPN2), I was bummed since that meant it was a Raycom game and surely would be SD.

Thanks for the head's up! As painful as it'll be, I'll be watching as the Wolfpack get their butt's handed to them by Duke- all in glorious HD.

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/12988186

Nah. Been doing ACC games forever. They're conveniently in my back yard.

Rest of the nation is on ESPN2 HD. I was wrong earlier.

Isnt this the second regular season HD broadcast for Raycom? They did a game last year (Maryland and Miami maybe?) as a test prior to the ACC tourney if what little memory I have left isnt totally failing me at the moment, correct?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsrule /forum/post/12989869

Isnt this the second regular season HD broadcast for Raycom? They did a game last year (Maryland and Miami maybe?) as a test prior to the ACC tourney if what little memory I have left isnt totally failing me at the moment, correct?

I thought it was up at Boston College

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 /forum/post/12987544

Linky to the Raycom Sports site and a listing of affiliates that will be broadcasting the game tonight. However, they don't note which will be in HD, only that it is available in HD.

This link may help a bit..... I didnt have time to go through it since I'm now off my lunch break... LOL!-

4 regular season games in HD-

http://raycomsportsmarketing.com/ind...d=49&Itemid=30

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's love/hate here. The game will air on the WCTI in eastern NC. This means that I will be glad to see an ACC game locally carried. It also means that the season premiere of LOST will not be aired until the next night in SD.

Oh, well.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by agregjones /forum/post/12990340

It's love/hate here. The game will air on the WCTI in eastern NC. This means that I will be glad to see an ACC game locally carried. It also means that the season premiere of LOST will not be aired until the next night in SD.

Oh, well.

Is that true? My Wilmington DVR said Lost was on ABC. I recorded it.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/12991189

Is that true? My Wilmington DVR said Lost was on ABC. I recorded it.

It is on the front page of the WCTI website.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbal99 /forum/post/12989916

I thought it was up at Boston College

Yep..still have that game on XDCamHD for test material. Loved the old Pilot song just before the open rolled.......

·
Registered
524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 /forum/post/12988042

I wish our SEC games on Raycom where in HD. But our Knoxville station will stick it on their .2 channel which isn't HD.

you're a lucky one since it's not in HD. our affiliate here preempts shows (which are in HD) for basketball in SD (and it's some of the worst SD you'll see). so we get crappy quality basketball and don't get our show until early the next morning and it's only in SD. now if SEC basketball were in HD, I might be more forgiving...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Caught up on things here. Starting some pre-production.

Raycom is using NCP VIII, the same truck we used last season for the tourney. We are sharing some cameras with ESPN. We have the game camera, a high tight, and three hand-helds. We are borrowing form ESPN their reverse angle and right slash (diagonal) camera. ESPN takes our game camera and has additional hand-helds under each basket.

Raycom puts out the effects mics and gives feeds of each to ESPN.

We each have announce positions high in the rafters of Cameron.

WS

(And I think I get WWAY for ABC in Wilmington, so my LOST recording should be safe.)

·
Registered
843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/12992702

Caught up on things here. Starting some pre-production.

Raycom is using NCP VIII, the same truck we used last season for the tourney. We are sharing some cameras with ESPN. We have the game camera, a high tight, and three hand-helds. We are borrowing form ESPN their reverse angle and right slash (diagonal) camera. ESPN takes our game camera and has additional hand-helds under each basket.

Raycom puts out the effects mics and gives feeds of each to ESPN.

We each have announce positions high in the rafters of Cameron.

WS

(And I think I get WWAY for ABC in Wilmington, so my LOST recording should be safe.)

Is it safe to assume that we'll be getting 5.1 audio tonight(via WRAL-DT.... they'll pass it if they're getting it)?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts