AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does screen color or reflective quality have and effect on the amount of RBE on DLP projectors (white screen vs gray, etc)?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsiv /forum/post/15575044

Does screen color or reflective quality have and effect on the amount of RBE on DLP projectors (white screen vs gray, etc)?

The reduced lumen output from a gray screen may "indirectly" reduce RBE somewhat. As RBE has been tied to screen brightness, all the more reason to calibrate your projector imo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this is an old thread. But I am curious about this issue. Any other people have input on this? I suffer from RBE quite badly and will do anything to reduce it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My recommendation is get a 3 chip DLP, a 3 chip SRXD/LCOS etc like a jvc, or go LED. I went LED and will never look back

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
How about going with LCD? Competition over the last few years has resolved much of the differences between LCD and DLP so if the effect caused by the color wheel and a single chip DLP is causing you to suffer then just switch to LCD.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm pretty much convinced I'm sending my pro350w back to buy.com and getting the NEC NP410W LCD. I don't know too much about it, but its specs are really similar. How prevalent is the SDE these days?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts