AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking into an all-RBH 7.1 HT setup. Specifically 661SE's F/C/R, MC series inwalls for L/R surround and MC-615's for L/R rear. Subwoofer to be determined. There's precious little discussion about RBH speakers, so I'm wondering whether anyone can give me their feelings about the 661SE's (or the 1044 towers, another option for me). My room's about 27 X 18. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hi Arwe,

Being that I'm an RBH dealer may yield a little bias but I sell many other lines so I'm not too heavily skewed in my thoughts.

The 661-SEs are phenomenal! I'll put them up against just about anything in that size of speaker. Their components and build quality are absolutely flawless. The 30 available veneers are gorgeous. They are lively yet not too bright and full of powerful, solid bass. They sound exceptional with music and movies...you really can't go wrong with this model. For the subwoofer(s) I would highly recommend the RBH 1010-SEP to go along with the system. 2 of them for your large room. They are thunderous and clean and sound incredible for music and movies as well.

For surrounds I would recommend the C-760SE which is the perfect match to the 661-SE yet in an in-wall/ceiling version. Although the MC series (MC-615) is very good they don't use the exact same drivers and components. They will work great but not necessarily the very best choice. One advantage of the MC-615 is their cost.

If you have more questions feel free to ask or PM me.

Brent Huskins

Media Design

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.