1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the rc-62ii worth the big price increase over the rc-52ii

the rc-52ii would have a much better WAF

but I would rather be sure to have a speaker i will not need to up grade again

I now have a jbl es center I am guessing both would be a much better center over what I have now

my mains are polk m70s I am interested in having klipsch front three having rf-82ii fronts but thought I would buy the center first to see if I like the klipcsh sound and do not have the money now to replace the fronts and cannot hear before I buy

I have a denon 3312

the room is 18 x 20 x 8c

I will be crossing at 80htz or maybe 60htz at the lowest

would the rc-52ii be enough I do like to be a bit over the top having a little more than I need

movies/music 50/50

I want better highs than what i have now and to be louder with out adding more power

I am running 4 jbl es 250 subs at half gain sound good enough to me but need better louder highs and mids to keep up with the subs

I found my speakers a little lacking with blues playing brass

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes it is worth it. I started with the 52 with the 82's and it sounded good but the 62 is the matching center. You mentioned 50/50 music/movies and the 62 makes the front stage more seamless than the 52. I cross the 62 at 60hz. That said the 52 is no slouch. I have it matched to rb51 bookshelves and the soundstage is also seamless on that system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts