AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, newbie has a question. What do you people think of the RCA 38" HDTV? What's good and bad about this unit? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I have had the pleasure of owning one for 3 months now and every thing is working excellent. I have an inline 4 to 1 Component video switcher giving my one input now 4 ways to connect Video or computer devices to the one Y-Pr-Pb input in back of the RCA F38310.

I have 2 Sony DVD changers on the inline, and have a near digital post card on most DVDs that I own.

I have and will never conecct to the sets sound system. I have one of my own design to connnect to any unit I want to hear in Dolby Surround Pro-Logic into Sony V-6 Headphones. I can't give a 'sound' opinion, I just watched "A Bridge Too Far" on my CX860 300 DVP. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Hob for Hobby

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I've read here in this forum somewhere, I could not find the thread that this direct view set has more resolution then the other direct view 34" sets avilivble now. From the dot pitch and screen size. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.

I guess the best thing to do is see one showing hdtv content somewhere (something I have not been able to do yet) and if you like it, it seems a good choice if you want a direct view set; or atleast for the price. I haven't yet decided myself between the panasonic 34" set and this one.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
For component video switching, do a search here for Inline & Extron.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
484 Posts
Whoa can you tell me more about this component switcher thing? Do you have a model number and/or a link to a website that has the product?

Thanks!

Maynerd

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Buy this TV at your own risk. Some of the problems with this TV are discussed throughout this forum. Run a search and you'll see what I mean. Don't get me wrong, it's a good TV at a great price--if you get lucky and don't get one of the many lemons floating around out there. I can not recommend this tv to anyone until I'm convinced RCA has got this situation under control. That hasn't happened yet...Good Luck!

JediMastr

------------------

·
Registered
936 Posts
The local Fry's (here in San Diego) had one on display for about a month; then the display got all mis-colored and I assume one of the tubes blew out.

·
Registered
355 Posts
RCA tvs have one of the worst frequency of repair records in the industry, according to Consumer Reports. This has been the case for many years. Toshiba/Hitachi/Panasonic are at the top and Sony is in the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.