Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

Has anyone seen the rca 38 inch direct view next to a panny 34 inch DV.

I think one member said he owned both so I'd like to know what he thought of the two sets. can remmeber in which post tho http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

I don't know which to order? so what do poeple think and have anyone seen them side by side with correct hdtv feeds

thank you

tony

thanks very much.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
I just saw them side by side.

The RCA looks bigger (of course)

The Panasonic looks flatter

The RCA seems to have a tad more resolution (but both are

only around 720p resolution).

I think I would go for the RCA myself even though it has a curved screen. The extra size makes an impact.

·
Registered
50 Posts
tonyb100,

Check out the review of the new Philips 34PW9817 34" widescreen set in this months Home Theater. The set reviewed very well. I have researched the Philips extensively & am probably going to get it, myself.

I have also seen the Philips next to the Panny. The Panny is an awesome TV, no doubt, but the Philips has this feature called Digital Natural Motion that takes an Analog signal & makes it look absolutely amazing...3 dimensional is actually the better discription. You will have to see it for yourself, though, to make that decision.

Good luck seeing it...Circuit carries it, but nobody there knows how to work it, what the Digital Natural Motion feature actually does & can't hook up a DVD player (analog) to the set to show off the feature...don't you just love retail.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LB:
Good luck seeing it...Circuit carries it, but nobody there knows how to work it, what the Digital Natural Motion feature actually does & can't hook up a DVD player (analog) to the set to show off the feature...don't you just love retail.
I tried to demo at this set in CC and had the same problem. The sales staff was digging though their little CC setup cheater books trying to hook a DVD player up to it. They didn't know anything about this set. Gotta love those guys.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI again,

LB you seem to like the phillips over the panny because of the natural motion feature. leaveing that aside do you still like the phillips better then the panny for hdtv.

does anyone else have thoughts on these or the rca 38 comparitively speaking.

thanks

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
I've seen both side by side a number of times. I've got the Panny so I might be a bit biased, but I really feel the Panny has a superior picture. To my eyes it looks sharper and punchier than the RCA. However, as said before, don't take anybody's word for it, see it yourself (even if you have to travel to see both).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.