AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to see the very positive magazine review on this set after all of the complaints I've read about it in the forum. Were the problems due to poor quality control in the early sets of this model that have since been resolved or are there design limitations compared to other HDTVs? Have the design or features changed since the 2 years or so that this set has been available? How good is the line doubler in this set; does it do 3:2 pull-down?

For someone who cannot access the HD Satellite, but can get standard definition satellite and mostly watches things recorded with the DirecTivo unit, but also has a ChannelMaster 8-bay bowtie for OTA HD, is this an inferior choice compared to other sets? Would this set enable me to make standard definition recordings of OTA HD or OTA digital non-HD with a standalone Tivo unit as is or with some additional connection workaround?

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you're interested in buying one of these and can get to the BJ's Wholesale Club in Framingham, MA, they have been marked down to $1770.70 and there are supposedly a few left. Anything that ends in .70 means it's being discontinued at BJ's.

Good luck,

NoelAV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.